Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Obamanomics example #324,232,234,265

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
Sept Jobs report reported a net gain of 143,000 jobs.

Until, of course you go to the by-state breakdown, at which point we lost 21,000 jobs.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,602
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DontCallMeShirleyDontCallMeShirley Member Posts: 283
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    PurpleJ said:

At some point we as Americans need to accept that we have been a bad economy for a long time now and that it's going to take a lot of patience and work to get back to where we once were.

Bush's fault.
  • Options
    NSA_DawgNSA_Dawg Member Posts: 85
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you want to make accusations out here, take responsibility for them. Sign your real name to them. If not, that's what gets deleted. Always have, always will. You don't get to trash people out here anonymously. Use your real name or don't do it.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Until, of course you go to the by-state breakdown, at which point we lost 21,000 jobs.

If you can't find work, I need somebody to mow my lawn.

Otherwise, what skills do you have for which you can't find a job?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    OZONE said:

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,816
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

Great liberal compassion as always
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,621
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Take a look around Seattle... 12-14 cranes downtown building major projects.

High rises with 500 sqft flats renting at 2500 a month full.

Seems like life in these parts are pretty good!

Anyone checked out the median house prices in king county? Sellers market I say!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

500 sqft flats renting at 2500 a month full.

LOL
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I know a guy.

Installs elevators, new construction. 2 months ago, if you wanted a new elevator in your new building in Seattle... 4 year wait to be added to the list.

Today?

*poof*

he tells me they've laid off many and shifted back to maintenance of existing.

I don't know what this means.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know a guy.

Installs elevators, new construction. 2 months ago, if you wanted a new elevator in your new building in Seattle... 4 year wait to be added to the list.

Today?

*poof*

I actually had a guy in a bar try to offer me a job doing that. He said bidness will be booming for the next 10 years and he makes about $50/hr. I politely declined.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    PurpleJ said:

I know a guy.

Today?

*poof*

I actually had a guy in a bar try to offer me a job doing that. He said bidness will be booming for the next 10 years and he makes about $50/hr. I politely declined and then blew him in the alley.
  • Options

OZONE said:

Just think its important to point out the hypocrisy. If an (R) was in office, then you wingers would be saying that the unemployed people are just lazy and have no skills. But when a (D) is in office, it must be because the (D) is bad for the economy... you don't like the implication that there will always be some people at the bottom fringe of the economy, especially when they are you or your friends/family.

There are millions of unfilled jobs out there. You just need the skills and work ethic to fill them. But if you flunked out of high school... sucks to be you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Just think its important to point out the hypocrisy. If an (R) was in office, then you wingers would be saying that the unemployed people are just lazy and have no skills. But when a (D) is in office, it must be because the (D) is bad for the economy... you don't like the implication that there will always be some people at the bottom fringe of the economy, especially when they are you or your friends/family.

There are millions of unfilled jobs out there. You just need the skills and work ethic to fill them. But if you flunked out of high school... sucks to be you.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

I know a guy.

Today?

*poof*

I actually had a guy in a bar try to offer me a job doing that. He said bidness will be booming for the next 10 years and he makes about $50/hr. I politely declined.
    that ain't dick in Seattle.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,923
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Congratulations. You have demonstrated satisfactory knowledge of how the American political rhetoric works. You are now ready for level 2.0 - "The Mexicans are taking all our jobs that no one wants"
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

I'm not here to give you compassion. I'm here to point out how hypocritical you dumbshits sound with the "we can't find work" whine.

If you want work -- spent less time on a message board and more time upgrading your skills.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

I'm not here to give you compassion. I'm here to point out how hypocritical you dumbshits sound with the "we can't find work" whine.

If you want work -- spent less time on a message board and more time upgrading your skills.
    I'm not looking for work. Great compassionate liberal as always.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blackie said:

PurpleJ said:

I know a guy.

Today?

*poof*

that ain't dick in Seattle.
    That's okay. All the $2500/mo. studios are taken anyways.