Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Close the zone per lavineee

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since someone already advocated closing the stadium, I say we should sell it to the Sounders. Sad to see such a nice stadium go to waste.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

I don't think people stay if they were winning. Have you seen the new husky fan?

It is about selfies, showing off a new pair of jeans and a North Face coat. Just watch the T&A screen during the time outs. It is a total joke.

If this team was 10-11 win team the same crew would be dying to get into the zone for a red hook.

Husky football is a social event.

after a 10-11 win season I think a lot of the old crowd would come back and be hardcore. Fuck if this team would win the North a few times, the south sound would toss all their Oregon shit and 12 out for Washington.

There'd still be selfies and that sort but there would also be a ton of beer drinking losers wanting to feel a part of something special as well.

That's the script.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Houhusky said:

Just fucking open up the zone for 3 hours before the game and then close it 30 mins before the game starts, money made, problem solved

Then sell beer in the ENTIRE stadium during the fucking game like every other place does.
    Beer is too blue collar and proletarian. These are the same people who came up with Crazy Larry, animal cracker promotions, and a general Marinerization of a major college football program.

I haven't been to a game in HS since Notre Dame in 2005, but The Zone set up looks very similar to these faggy wine and cheese UW Alumni events I've seen in Tucson and Tempe. You have to pay $15 or $20 just to get past their stupid fake white picket fence, and that gets you a glass of wine or some microbrew, then the next one is probably $8.50. You're supposed to mingle and network with blue hairs and wannabe big shot faggots like Bill Fleenor. I hate networking and I hate people in general. That's why I have 7,300 posts on a board like this.

Seriously, I know you marketing morons read this when you aren't changing your tampons or primping your metrosexual hair. Sell beer in the stadium. It will work. Cut it off at the end of the third like the Seahawks do so you can pretend you did your part to prevent drunk driving.
    Your very best effort.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

I don't think people stay if they were winning. Have you seen the new husky fan?

It is about selfies, showing off a new pair of jeans and a North Face coat. Just watch the T&A screen during the time outs. It is a total joke.

If this team was 10-11 win team the same crew would be dying to get into the zone for a red hook.

They have learned well from the Mariners. No other organization can make a mockery of the sport like the Mariner's gameday experience.
    But notice that at Mariners games that you can still in theory watch the game while sitting in the beer garden ... and you can buy beer at your seat.

It's only the Huskies that actively encourage you to not pay attention to the product ...

Closest thing that I can compare The Zone to is in Dallas there are bars where you can go during Stars/Mavs games that aren't tied into the ability to watch the game. Generally, they are heavily populated during intermissions/halftimes but not at all during those periods. Only if you need to finish a drink or pull a BRB, Blonde moment.
    Yeah, the beer garden at Safeco is strategically placed right next to the bullpen and in view of the entire field. Well done on their part. People will buy tickets to the game and not even sit in their seats once.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2015
    It's the State of Washington for Christs sake.

Sell marijuana in the stadium. Edibles.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just make the entire stadium the Zone. I do.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Places like that are for the loserist of the losers. Real drunks simply leave with 2 min left in the half and then shotgun a beer, grab a brat and refill the flask at the tailgater and make it in right at kickoff.

Fuckin rooks! Besides pig tailgater's and others like it gotta be 10 x better than that dreckzone.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    jecornel said:

Chinese students appear to have short attention spans
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Close Nuke the stadium.
    Abundance.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Who the fuck can afford to buy booze at the stadium in this economy? Fill one of these fuckers up with MD 20/20, Thunderbird, or if you're a big shot splurge on Wild Turkey, and you're ready to keep the glow from the tailgater going. After the game you're drunk enough to push a grandma in a wheelchair down the North steps at Autzen and not give a fuck

FREE PUB MOTHERFUCKERS