Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So now that we know Pete isn't the answer...

Comments

• Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Remember when DJ went undefeated every year?

Me either.

Year 3 tells the tale.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    mobey said:

Me either.

Year 3 tells the tale.

So you think he's going to suddenly fix all his flaws next year?

Please, tell us how this will happen.
  • Options
    njlanjla Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2015
    Silly idiots! Have some fuckin logic and consistency in your arguments! Only consistency is fire everyone! It's not that simple! It never is!!!
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

mobey said:

Me either.

Year 3 tells the tale.

I think we're better this year than last.

I'm hoping it'll continue.
  • Options
    Ok! And na na na nana! Nice response!
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A little better than worst is still bad
  • Options
    mobey said:

mobey said:

Me either.

Year 3 tells the tale.

I think we're better this year than last.

I'm hoping it'll continue.
    I remember when you used to believe in actual results instead of incremental progress.

When did you turn Doog?
  • Options
    njla said:

Silly idiots! Have some fuckin logic and consistency in your arguments! Only consistency is fire everyone! It's not that simple! It never is!!!

If the coaches aren't good enough, you fire them and try again.

It is that simple and it always is.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm not all the way to fire him yet, close, but I will be if he doesn't give SmithFS a shove into oncoming traffic on one of these upcoming road trips. If he retains Smith into the off-season, I am done. The offense has been Petersens achilles heal for four years in a row now, if he doesn't change it with an upgrade he is doomed.
  • Options
    Agree but if you think the coaches aren't good enough because they don't recruit oline or dbs then you have to allow the subsequent staff a small period of time to fix those issues before you conclude they too suck! Logic is a must and it's sorely lacking here at times.

Sark was a mess but he left the program with the same lack of depth he inherited. A better mindset maybe but no depth and no talent at oline, db, qb, WR, and no heart or will to improve and work at your craft. It wasn't an overnight fix and it's laughable that so many can't see that.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    njla said:

Agree but if you think the coaches aren't good enough because they don't recruit oline or dbs then you have to allow the subsequent staff a small period of time to fix those issues before you conclude they too suck! Logic is a must and it's sorely lacking here at times.

Sark was a mess but he left the program with the same lack of depth he inherited. A better mindset maybe but no depth and no talent at oline, db, qb, WR, and no heart or will to improve and work at your craft. It wasn't an overnight fix and it's laughable that so many can't see that.

Petersen has made a bunch of stupid coaching decisions, that is the point. His last chance with me is whether or not he can jettison Smith and fix the offense.
  • Options
    I disagree they were good enough to win. The best player on the field was VAJ. By far. We have no one in his ballpark yet. And he was the QB of the bad guys. It makes it tough to win when the opposing Qb is that much better than everyone else on the field.

It's hard for some to admit but sometimes the other team is just more talented. They were. And not just at QB. We will get there but we aren't there yet.

It's not always in game coaching. That's the easy answer but in this case we need more talent made for the system. Sark had limited talent and no real system but we have a chance at both now.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    njla said:

I disagree they were good enough to win. The best player on the field was VAJ. By far.

CHRIST.

I stopped reading here. Dude completed 14 passes and had 8 carries for 12 yards.

Gaskin was the best offensive player on the field. Giving him just 18 carries was criminal stupidity.
  • Options
    NevadaduckNevadaduck Member Posts: 193
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

njla said:

I disagree they were good enough to win. The best player on the field was VAJ. By far.

CHRIST.

I stopped reading here. Dude completed 14 passes and had 8 carries for 12 yards.

Gaskin was the best offensive player on the field. Giving him just 18 carries was criminal stupidity.

You just went full Doog.

Love,
    Royce.
  • Options

njla said:

CHRIST.

You just went full Doog.

Love,
    Royce.
    18 for 155 >>> 27 for 138.

I was just as surprised as you.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

The shitty thing is one of these years he will pop off with a 6-0 start against shit tier comp and I'll buy in and get excited because I am a colossal dumbfuck then we will lose 4 in a row to ASU, Cal, Oregon and Tree, beat OSU and then get clownstomped in the Apple Cup by the Pirate. 7-5. YeeHaw. I truly hate my life.

LRR

You just described me and the Miami Hurricane football program. Yet somehow it's not nearly as funny.
    I miss you like the desert misses the rain.
    Upvoted for the gratuitous Sade reference.