Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Sad Story of Steve Sarkisian: Too much, too soon

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    1) dat pic, love the bloodshot eye

2) "what the hell happened?" - nothing, acks anyone on this bored, everyone knew he'd shit the bed

3) " Sarkisian turned a raw athlete with Top 10 potential (Jake Locker) into a Top 10 draft pick" - terrible, short-sighted mistake imo, turning jack into a dropback passer, dude was much more comfortable/better scrambling. he did go top 10, retired now.

4) "his overall legacy is one of mediocrity" - thesis statement, shoulda ended there, i quit reading there.

coolstorybrah.jpg
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    "You can't flag a moderator's post, even when he links pro-Sark bullshit."
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Such a doogly article. Great QB coach. Did a good job at UW.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    His best QB was a Ty-Willy commit and all his recruits failed to develop one micron from high school.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Too much too soon? WTF.

Other people in sports had far too much too soon and still managed to keep their shit together (Lebron, Jeter, Andrew Luck, etc etc etc).
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Why is it so fucking important for everyone to add the "but what I really hope is that he finds the help he needs," bullshit. So fucking perfunctory. I'd respect da hell out of any writer who would say what most of us think: "... and I don't really give a fuck if he gets any help. he's sitting on millions of $$ he didn't earn, and I know 100 people in my life who can't manage their booze. big fucking deal."
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

wobidbus said:

His best QB was a Ty-Willy commit and all his recruits failed to develop one micron from high school.

That was a glaring problem. The jump guys like Shelton made after a single off season with Petersen's staff was surreal. The fuck stick also quit recruiting for UW early in the 2013 season. He left the program high and dry well before he left. Given his shitty behavior and all that has been handed to that asshat, he deserves zero friggin pity, sympathy, or empathy.
    Could not agree more. I have a low capacity for pity anyway, and what I have has been allocated to much more deserving souls than that cheeseball.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    You guys should have more compassion. Sark caught a disease. It wasn't his fault.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have fought a brave fight against this disease for decades. Do I ask for sympathy or special treatment? Do I want your thoughts and your prayers in this difficult time?

No I do not. Just drop money in my guitar case when you pass by and if I am passed out please don't steal my hard earned money
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment