Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SC @ ND

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
Why do I get the feeling that SC wins this weekend now?

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What did SC lose? Their play callers are still there. I think SC is much better this second half. That or they completely throw in the towel. Too much money at stake for a lot of their players to completely give up though.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2015
    Doogles said:

What did SC lose? Their play callers are still there. I think SC is much better this second half. That or they completely throw in the towel. Too much money at stake for a lot of their players to completely give up though.

If they beat ND they'll be fine...but if they get plungered then they come home 3-3 embarrassed and have Utah and then @Cal. All 3 of those teams can beat SC, especially if they throw in the towel a bit.

Last time this happened, Ogre stabilized them but they had better defensive front (Leonard Will, Pullard, etc) and they had a better DC (Clancy Pendergast).

Turek being done for the year is a huge blow. He's their best on the OL, and that OL looks mediocre at best with a joke of a OL coach.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club
    Orgeron must be just shaking his head at Haden's stupidity
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015

I never understood Orgeron. If you thought you deserved the job, don't get plungered by your rival at home. Just like any worthwhile coach.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Between rhe injuries piling up (hi Ivan!), new coach having to gameplan out of the blue, travel day to the East, things look grim for USC. I also suspect some infighting is happening and a bitter Kessler seeing everyone give up on him I bet he's depressed and injured.

Now, if USC simply runs the ball every play they may win. Either way, the script is the script.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doogles said:

If they beat ND they'll be fine...but if they get plungered then they come home 3-3 embarrassed and have Utah and then @Cal. All 3 of those teams can beat SC, especially if they throw in the towel a bit.

Last time this happened, Ogre stabilized them but they had better defensive front (Leonard Will, Pullard, etc) and they had a better DC (Clancy Pendergast).

Turek being done for the year is a huge blow. He's their best on the OL, and that OL looks mediocre at best with a joke of a OL coach.
    Zero chance SC beats #myutes
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Of course sc will win. They crushed us when Sark was too drunk to coach.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ND isn't that good, SC definitely wins this one
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

ND isn't that good, SC definitely wins this one

and Clay Helton is quoted after the game saying "I knew we'd be back, I just didn't realize it'd happen this fast."
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

SC's OL looks below average for the Pac. I think ND wins a close one. No circling the wagons around Helton this weekend AT ND.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can they have alcohol again the lockeroom now that Sark is gone?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Orgeron isn't the brightest guy himself. He once took off his shirt and challenged any Ole Miss player that thought they could take him.
    Too bad they didn't put him in the hospital.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    Swaye's Wigwam

Orgeron isn't the brightest guy himself. He once took off his shirt and challenged any Ole Miss player that thought they could take him.
    String?