Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why beating a shitty Oregon is important

This is a total WIW post, but Oregon is no longer just a nice game to put in the win column. Oregon is the single biggest mental roadblock the program faces. It doesn't matter how shitty Oregon is, that block has to be removed.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    LawDawg1 said:

Why do you hate mental blocks with Arizona State?

That's big too, but ASU isn't in the same division.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

This is a total WIW post, but Oregon is no longer just a nice game to put in the win column. Oregon is the single biggest mental roadblock the program faces. It doesn't matter how shitty Oregon is, that block has to be removed.

Precisely why we wont beat Oregon (if Adams plays)
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    Huskies are also favored at home (-2 now) so need to take care of business.

The Ducks are wounded (Adams probably won't be 100% if he plays) so I hope the Huskies can jump out to a good lead and seize the initiative.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,926 Founders Club
    HFNY said:

The Ducks are wounded (Adams probably won't be 100% if he plays) so I hope the Huskies can jump out to a good lead and seize the initiative.

It opened at +1.5, so there is that.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    LawDawg1 said:

How often do you interact with anyone from Arizona State? Yeah there's a losing streak there but I don't feel like it hangs over our heads like the UO streak. For one thing most of them have been close losses that we blew in the end, as opposed to ass rapings. For another, they're on the other side of the conference, we recruit against them rarely, and you don't walk around Seattle seeing people wearing whatever the fuck their colors are.

Arizona State streak is embarrassing, the Oregon streak is devastating.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    Yes and Kwaitkowski has been very good this year so far. I imagine he'll focus more on stopping Freeman and won't mind Adams keeping it on the read option a few times so that Berria, Feeney, Littleton, and Budda light him up and give him happy feet.

It's too bad Victor is out the first half because Freeman had 27 carries and 3 catches last week....nothing like an early AZ hit to bring the soreness back.

HFNY said:

Regardless of who plays at QB, I expect the defense to hit the mofo as hard as they can and take him completely out of his comfort zone. VAJ is a true smurf, would like to see Qualls squash the life out of him with one sack. Make VAJ's index finger a real purple throbber. That said, the real challenge is Freeman. Contain him FTW.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    pawz said:

LawDawg1 said:

ASU doesn't base their entire program's existence off a single fluke play.

That's the main reason Oregon remained pathetic through all the money, hype, Chimp's wins, Rose Bowls etc.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,783
    dnc said:

LawDawg1 said:

How often do you interact with anyone from Arizona State? Yeah there's a losing streak there but I don't feel like it hangs over our heads like the UO streak. For one thing most of them have been close losses that we blew in the end, as opposed to ass rapings. For another, they're on the other side of the conference, we recruit against them rarely, and you don't walk around Seattle seeing people wearing whatever the fuck their colors are.

Arizona State streak is embarrassing, the Oregon streak is devastating.
    Yeah, but still.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

+1,000,000. If this program wants to get back competing and winning conf. championships, rose bowl's, etc. The NUMBER ONE thing that has to happen on the field is beating the zero's. That domino has to fall before anything else can.

For the last 11 years, Oregon has lined up knowing they were going to beat us, and we knew it as well.

As softy said on the honks earlier today "this fuckin streak needs to end Saturday Night"

That is all
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    godawgst said:

+1,000,000. If this program wants to get back competing and winning conf. championships, rose bowl's, etc. The NUMBER ONE thing that has to happen on the field is beating the zero's. That domino has to fall before anything else can.

For the last 11 years, Oregon has lined up knowing they were going to beat us, and we knew it as well.

As softy said on the honks earlier today "this fuckin streak needs to end Saturday Night"

That is all
    Die in a fiery mudslide.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    Beating everyone is important. It's why we play the game.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    pawz said:

ASU doesn't base their entire program's existence off a single fluke play.

ASU's program exists?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

Regardless of who plays at QB, I expect the defense to hit the mofo as hard as they can and take him completely out of his comfort zone. VAJ is a true smurf, would like to see Qualls squash the life out of him with one sack. Make VAJ's index finger a real purple throbber. That said, the real challenge is Freeman. Contain him FTW.
    FREE PUB!