Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cowherd trying to beat KG..

13»

Comments

• Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

anyone listen to Cowherd today? really curious on how he'll spin this to defend his boy Sark.

On his show last Friday after the UW game, he tried to downplay the loss. Said USC is young (that sounds familiar), Kessler wasn't his QB (despite him recruitin Kessler while at UW), and that they are still reeling from sanctions. He said the only issue he saw was that Sark's teams had no idenitity.

That excuse doesn't work when you are playing a team much younger than you and with worse recruiting classes.
  • Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

He's not even from Aberdeen. He's from some shithole "suburb" of Aberdeen

If we are going to start bashing Ocosta... I am out!

Screw it. I hate Husky football. I'm out regardless
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MisterEm said:

"In 5 years, Sark will double the win total of Petersen."

Somebody in the AD office cut off his ticket supply already.

How is that prediction going, Colin?

Some half-brain should call\tweet his show tomorrow.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Colin needs someone to listen to him at Fox, so the only way is to turn into the white jason whitlock and say anything and everything to get attention(even when you're outrageously wrong)

O/U on Colin's lifespan in the news will be be similar stevo's tenure at USC.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

I'm not sure I've heard such a long rant where everything that a commentator, host said was wrong. But Cowherd basically has no script. He gets a thought in his head and then lets verbal diarrhea run until there's a break. He will then forget what he said and then if the same subject were to come up on another show, he could very well take the opposite stance.

There's a reason that He rarely goes to the phones. He would get eaten alive by a competent half brain

That's exactly what he does. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it blows up in his face.

I liked him around 2007 or 2008. He was funny then.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Colin just threw out there that the alcohol angle is getting overblown and that Sark's really a good guy. Of course, the "he's not the only college coach that drinks" angle has been thrown out as well.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2015
    Tequilla said:

Colin just threw out there that the alcohol angle is getting overblown and that Sark's really a good guy. Of course, the "he's not the only college coach that drinks" angle has been thrown out as well.

Does Kim produce Cowherd's show?

Or we just located one of about 10 followers of Dawgman.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Does Kim produce Cowherd's show?

Or we just located one of about 10 followers of Dawgman.
    Paging @Dunthorpe
  • Options
    fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    My NFL guy said half of NFL coaches have a drinking problem. Not uncommon at all in the profession.

Again, Sark clearly has a problem and we all wish him the best, but it's not a rare thing. Just a bit more public and severe in this case.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I couldn't even get through half before I noticed my blood pressure going up and turned it off. Sometimes I like Colin because he's not afraid to voice his opinion but 90% of the time he's like a presidential debate, he just spews out random facts that are completely baseless because he knows nobody will fact-check him. When he talked about SC being so young and that Washington is some loaded team that Sark left I couldn't take it anymore.

Btw, he used to absolutely slobber over Lane Kiffin to the point it was embarrassing. Called him one of the best coaches in football. And he'd always say stuff like "I was talking to my friend Lane yesterday..."

He's entertaining for what he is but in a private moment I guarantee he even laughs at people who take him seriously.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

My NFL guy said half of NFL coaches have a drinking problem. Not uncommon at all in the profession.

Again, Sark clearly has a problem and we all wish him the best, but it's not a rare thing. Just a bit more public and severe in this case.

I don't wish that drunk the best. He not only destroyed his own family but probably hundreds of others. Each Saturday of the Satk era during the CFB season, good and honest husbands and fathers watching the crap called Husky football, lost their tempers watching his poorly coached teams. Im sure there were several instances of animal abuse, beaten children, broken household items and much more that put good, hardworking families into financial, or worse, physical ruin.

Sark should be held accountable for far more then who was directly affected by his irresponsible drunkeness.
    So through the transitive property, does Sark owe Dennis a new TV?