Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark is a hero

I see that this is all a big joke to you but it makes me sick.

Sark has a disease.

Did Sark choose to start drinking? Yes
Did Sark choose to have it overtake his life? No
He is getting treatment for his disease and it takes a big man to do that. As a marine, I served my country in Iraq and Afghanistan. I met a lot of tough guys there but none of the bravery I witnessed on the front lines comes close to what Sark has shown in this heroic fight he has now undertaken. He is taking a stand and telling alcoholism "You will not ruin my life anymore."

Would you guys laugh at someone who has terminal cancer?

Please join me in praying for Sark. Pray that he has the strength to overcome this crippling disease that he did nothing to bring upon himself.

Just thought I'd keep everyone updated on the post-firing thoughts on dawgman, UW Dawgpound, and KJR

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sark has a disease.

He is getting treatment for his disease and it takes a big man to do that. As a marine, I served my country in Iraq and Afghanistan. I met a lot of tough guys there but none of the bravery I witnessed on the front lines comes close to what Sark has shown in this heroic fight he has now undertaken. He is taking a stand and telling alcoholism "You will not ruin my life anymore."

Please join me in praying for Sark. Pray that he has the strength to overcome this crippling disease that he did nothing to bring upon himself.

Just thought I'd keep everyone updated on the post-firing thoughts on dawgman, UW Dawgpound, and KJR

Disagree
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder if Kim will check in to treatment to support his buddy
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club

Sark has a disease.

I would've shared my foxhole in Kosovo with Grinolds in a heart beat. He's a true leader especially in expressing his concerns for Sark.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,496
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I for one am tired of alcohol getting a bad rap.

Take responsibility for your actions...and to all the bleeding hearts with the pretend thoughts and prayers.....put your hand down a garbage disposal and turn it on. Hopefully that will keep you from posting on the internet with your bull shit.

#boozestrong

It's a DISEASE!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,496
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BRB chronic weeditis
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I for one am tired of alcohol getting a bad rap.

Take responsibility for your actions...and to all the bleeding hearts with the pretend thoughts and prayers.....put your hand down a garbage disposal and turn it on. Hopefully that will keep you from posting on the internet with your bull shit.

#boozestrong

You had to edit that?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Cancer is a disease. Alcoholism is an addiction.

You choose one. The other chooses you.

So you're saying Cal is cancer?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Some people are more pre-disposed to it than others but there is nothing forcing him to get drunk before practice. I guarantee he's not shaking, sweating and vomiting when he goes 3 hours without a sip. People who have a physical addiction...that's no joke. A lot of people die from withdrawal. Sark is not even close to being at that stage. He's at the stage I was at when I was 20. Then I graduated and my parents cut me off. I tried drinking every night but I realized I kind of needed to keep my job.

So, yes, addiction CAN be a disease. But Sark is not at that point. Ask a meth addict what he happens to him if he doesn't get a bump in 3 hours.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Cancer is a disease. Alcoholism is an addiction.

You choose one. The other chooses you.

So you're saying Cal is cancer?
    I was wondering if somebody was going to pick up on that. I wasn't going to be the one to do it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

There was a poster on the seattletimes.com yesterday with the handle "Dennis Erickson" that was pretty funny, talking about *Real* coaches can drink and win at the same time.

#BringBackOurHarv
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sark has a disease.

All the same things could be said about me and I poast here like twice a day. I'm the real hero.

790 days X 2 posts per day = 1580 posts

DDY says "A horse kicked me in the head and now I can't do maff."