Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Babushka...

...didn't call a bad game. Not great, but not drecky. Had Browning played at a C+ level instead of an D-, we win that game easily. If Browning was an A, we absolutely route them. My only huge gripe was the series late in the game where Washington was brought back in at RB.

Perkins was used well, sticking with the run and going with Gaskin for a majority of the carries was good. The trick play was well called and executed.

Who knows, he may be getting better

I just hope that when Sark stumbled into bed this morning in an alcoholic stupor, his last thought was that he got outdueled by this guy.

Comments

• Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Seconding this, the playcalling was improved. If (we?) had continued with the lateral bubble shit in this game, we would have lost. Browning had a bad game, but that is to be expected from a true freshman.

Petersen finally pulled out a close game, despite the efforts of the Pac 12 refs. No doubt a Sark coached team would fold after a moment like the Azeem ejection.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    My only gripe is Gaskin throughly skullfucked USC on his TD drive and so what do we do next drive? bring out run into my lineman fucking Washington.

I understand that Gaskin can't take every snap at RB but fuck man he had some momentum let him continue to bare pickle that defense.
  • Options
    XbeerimentXbeeriment Member Posts: 11
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

My only gripe is Gaskin throughly skullfucked USC on his TD drive and so what do we do next drive? bring out run into my lineman fucking Washington.

I understand that Gaskin can't take every snap at RB but fuck man he had some momentum let him continue to bare pickle that defense.

I recall a series after that (maybe Gaskin's next after this one) where we were moving on them again, we line up with Gaskin, but decided to take a time out. Play resumes and Warsh is in and proceeds to run into the ass of his right guard. I think they try to rotate to keep players engaged or rewarded for effort, but fuck man, ride your only offensive threat to victory.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I still hate him.
  • Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    someone mentioned somewhere (twatters, doogpound) that petersen had a play sheet on him for the first time.

i didnt notice that? can someone confirm?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Did Daniels play?????
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Yes. I think Browning threw behind him on one pass but I'm not entirely sure.

Drew Sample had at least one good block and I think he caught a ball too.

Did Daniels play?????

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I recall a series after that (maybe Gaskin's next after this one) where we were moving on them again, we line up with Gaskin, but decided to take a time out. Play resumes and Warsh is in and proceeds to run into the ass of his right guard. I think they try to rotate to keep players engaged or rewarded for effort, but fuck man, ride your only offensive threat to victory.
    On our first made field goal, right before Browning's errant pass to open Mickens on 3rd down, we gave it to Washington on a draw play. There was a huge gaping hole to his right that he could have taken for an easy score. Instead, he ran right into the back of one of his linemen and fell forward for 1 yard. He needs to be made a slot receiver next year.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    BlowItUp said:

someone mentioned somewhere (twatters, doogpound) that petersen had a play sheet on him for the first time.

I thought I saw that in the 1H. Sheet in hand talking in the headset. They were running the ball at that point.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    BlowItUp said:

He didn't have it all game, but I saw at one point he was holding a play sheet and talking to (I assume) Smith in his headset.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I'm not Sark but it was my thought as I poured myself into bed this morning.

...didn't call a bad game. Not great, but not drecky. Had Browning played at a C+ level instead of an D-, we win that game easily. If Browning was an A, we absolutely route them. My only huge gripe was the series late in the game where Washington was brought back in at RB.

Perkins was used well, sticking with the run and going with Gaskin for a majority of the carries was good. The trick play was well called and executed.

Who knows, he may be getting better

I just hope that when Sark stumbled into bed this morning in an alcoholic stupor, his last thought was that he got outdueled by this guy.

• Options
    huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

BlowItUp said:

He didn't have it all game, but I saw at one point he was holding a play sheet and talking to (I assume) Smith in his headset.
    To add some color to this, the play sheet Pete was holding was the size of a small bistro menu, not Sark FSs Denny's menu.