Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jameis Winston

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Holy fucking dreckfest.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm Lovie SmithFS and like to pretend a QB that throws 17 Int's in college won't throw them in the NFL.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    yeah who would have possibly predicted this dang
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I don't want to crown mariota the second coming of Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers, but Jameis is kind of doing that.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2015
    Winston is off to a rough start but NFL rule of thumb is you can't fully judge a QB until games 30-40.

Doesn't help him in the comparison between Mariota and Winston that he's not very smart or mature. Mariota is both.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Winston is off to a rough start but NFL rule of thumb is you can't fully judge a QB until games 30-40.

Doesn't help him in the comparison between Mariota and Winston that he's not very smart or mature. Mariota is both.

Winston was accepted into Stanford. Intelligence isn't the issue.
  • Options
    Unfortunately for Winston, he's always going to be compared to Mariota fair or not. Mariota could be Kaepernick and fall off a cliff by start 30, but considering he already understands progressions I doubt that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    News to me.

Mariota scored a 33 though and Winston a 27 so he's still smarter than Winston by 22.22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222%.

HFNY said:

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

So you're saying most QB busts just needed more time?
  • Options

HFNY said:

This

It is possible for quarterbacks to regress like Kaepernick, but I can't think of one example of a quarterback that has been as horrible as Winston and turn it around. Winston has been inaccurate, making poor decisions, and not properly checking down his progressions. The passing tree and progression knowledge can be learned, but poor decision making has always been his signature, and at this level, you're either accurate or not.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Marcus Mariota was the best college QB I had ever seen.

Mariota won't regress like Kaep. Kaep was so successful at first because his is such a freak athletically that it took teams awhile to game plan for him (after you know they realized he was a fucking retard). MM isn't quite the athlete Kaep is (although really really good in his own right) but what made him an amazing college QB was his decision making. He knew EXACTLY when to throw it down field or take off. I hate the ducks but he was a lot of fun to watch.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Mariota won't regress like Kaep. Kaep was so successful at first because his is such a freak athletically that it took teams awhile to game plan for him (after you know they realized he was a fucking retard). MM isn't quite the athlete Kaep is (although really really good in his own right) but what made him an amazing college QB was his decision making. He knew EXACTLY when to throw it down field or take off. I hate the ducks but he was a lot of fun to watch.

He's the real deal. Taking Mariota over him is an example that pro sports teams can be dumber than the fans sometimes.
    Huh?

• Options

He's the real deal. Taking Mariota over him is an example that pro sports teams can be dumber than the fans sometimes.
    Huh?

That's some dark thinking man
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HFNY said:

Just confirming that was sarcasm.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Winston does have a higher chance to bust because he came out after his RS-Soph year and then his 3rd year starting post high school is for a terrible team in the NFL.

Anyway, I'm not saying Winston won't be a bust but I say the jury should still be out since he's only started 4 games.

HFNY said:

This

It is possible for quarterbacks to regress like Kaepernick, but I can't think of one example of a quarterback that has been as horrible as Winston and turn it around. Winston has been inaccurate, making poor decisions, and not properly checking down his progressions. The passing tree and progression knowledge can be learned, but poor decision making has always been his signature, and at this level, you're either accurate or not.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Winston does have a higher chance to bust because he came out after his RS-Soph year and then his 3rd year starting post high school is for a terrible team in the NFL.

Anyway, I'm not saying Winston won't be a bust but I say the jury should still be out since he's only started 4 games.

HFNY said:

This

Basically, Jameis is having to go from reading at a 3rd grade level to taking an advanced college course in Classic American Lit. Not saying he's dumb, I'm just saying his ability to read defenses, go through progressions, and make good decisions, isn't even close to where it needs to be. He's best to sit a couple years first.

Unfortunately, #1 picks don't sit a learn. There's too much money and resources invested in them to sit. Jameis is going to have to learn on the fly which is almost impossible, given his current attributes. If he doesn't pick it up soon, he'll lose his confidence, and will more than likely be useless.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    HFNY said:

"NFL rule of thumb" - I've never heard of this rule of thumb. 40 games is AN ETERNITY in the NFL, which, as I think Parcells used to say, really means "Not For Long".

I don't think today's franchise has 40 fucking games to give their rather hefty capital investments. You get drafted in the first, especially at that spot, and you gotta play. They even rushed Jack Lardner in even though it was apparent to the whole world he didn't stand a chance.

Whatever else you can say about Mariota, he's doing it with average wide receivers and a shit O-line.

• Options
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/3/2768909/jameis-winston-signs-with-florida-state-over-stanford-alabama
  • Options
    edited October 2015

HFNY said:

sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/3/2768909/jameis-winston-signs-with-florida-state-over-stanford-alabama
    Ok, it wasn't sarcasm.

I know he was offered by everyone. It's not that hard for a football recruit to get into Stanford. It does not mean at all that you're smart. You need a low B average at whatever shit Alabama high school you attended, and it won't matter at all what classes you took, and a relatively easy-to-achieve score on the SAT / ACT.

So back to your point: that he was recruited and offered by Furd means absolutely nada about his intelligence.

anyone else, and yeah, they're brilliant.
  • Options
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

Ok, it wasn't sarcasm.

I know he was offered by everyone. It's not that hard for a football recruit to get into Stanford. It does not mean at all that you're smart. You need a low B average at whatever shit Alabama high school you attended, and it won't matter if what classes you took, and a relatively easy-to-achieve score on the SAT / ACT.

So back to your point: that he was recruited and offered by Furd means absolutely nada.
    He was accepted into Stanford. That just happened to be the first link I pulled up.