Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UCLA cultre rubbing off on Mora

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    What if Jimmy is just trolling the naysayers?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This has to be a joke.

Basketball coaches say hi.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I've thought for a while that Mora wanted the UW job but was too much of a pussy to take it
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I agree that Thursday night football is retarded though.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Banana as big of a whiny vag as you are you'd complain about it too if Scott put this on the doogs. Let's be honest here.

Thursday night games suck. It's a TV money grab by Scott that screws over the fans IMO. I guess the kids too, but who cares about them.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Banana as big of a whiny vag as you are you'd complain about it too if Scott put this on the doogs. Let's be honest here.

Thursday night games suck. It's a TV money grab by Scott that screws over the fans IMO. I guess the kids too, but who cares about them.

Boo hoo,
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    STFU Jim. ASU just went in dry on you. On a Saturday.

If Petermen made these bullshit claims we'd lynch him.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I read the title of this thread too quickly, "UCLA cultre (sp) rubbing" translated to tribbing. Imagine the disappointment when seeing a yardbarker link instead.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,538
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thanks Morabag for stating the obvious
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

So why seemingly EVERYWHERE else in the country do Thursday games come off as big events yet in the PAC they are viewed as pains in the backside?

One big takeaway that I had this weekend is just how far behind the PAC is compared to other conferences. Larry Scott may have done some decent things for the conference, but it's time for somebody with new ideas.

One other thing is that we often talk on this bored about how the PAC can be lagging behind other conferences in coaching, etc. But the one area where I think it is abundantly clear that the PAC lags behind other major conferences is in the Athletic Departments, and in particular, the quality of ADs.

Question for the Bored: Who is the best AD in the conference?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,452
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He has an extra 3 days before the first Thursday game then a regular week for the 2nd Thursday then an extra couple days to get back on Saturday

Nothing to whine about
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

He has an extra 3 days before the first Thursday game then a regular week for the 2nd Thursday then an extra couple days to get back on Saturday

Nothing to whine about

Not to mention that you're the only college game on that night and don't have to compete with other, better match-ups around the country. Play well, and it's a good recruiting night because they're all watching.

It's just Mora being Mora.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

So why seemingly EVERYWHERE else in the country do Thursday games come off as big events yet in the PAC they are viewed as pains in the backside?

Because from a distance, all you see/hear is the ESPN hype. Only up close is the pain in the ass apparent.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Oh Christ. Yes, let's be honest here. There are a handful of things worth defending Mora over (check with Race). But Jimmy's penchant for putting his foot in his own ass, and then straight into his mouth, a habit he comes by genetically, isn't one of them.

I especially enjoyed his gratuitous reference to the student-athlete ideal. As if that dumb mother fucker, who has spent his entire life in and around division 1 and NFL football, believes, or cares, that academics has anything whatsoever to do with serious football. 80% of the kids on his team don't know what year it is and would be in community college or jail if it were not for their athletic ability.
    *academis

otherwise, solid poast
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

One big takeaway that I had this weekend is just how far behind the PAC is compared to other conferences. Larry Scott may have done some decent things for the conference, but it's time for somebody with new ideas.

One other thing is that we often talk on this bored about how the PAC can be lagging behind other conferences in coaching, etc. But the one area where I think it is abundantly clear that the PAC lags behind other major conferences is in the Athletic Departments, and in particular, the quality of ADs.

Question for the Bored: Who is the best AD in the conference?
    Larry Scott:Tom Whatever the Fuck his name was::Sark:Ty