Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How much difference is this offense with:

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited October 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
1) Kasen Williams. This is the obvious choice because instead of catching TD's in the playoffs for the Hawks (Hi DNC) he should be finishing his senior year healthy. He makes the plays on 50/50 Balls that Browning likes to throw. This duo would have been great to watch this year.

2) Damore'ea Stringfellow. The big strong fast receiver UW needs right now to free up the running game. Fuck you Cyler for being a dumb shit and wearing your Denver hat during a 12's celebration looking for trouble... WTF was String suppose to do, let his QB get his ass kicked?. I wish he had signed with USC and String would still be a Dawg and Browning wouldn't be throwing to the legion of Smurfs

3)Ross... well he is -2 wins as he recovers from playing corner

Comments

• Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don't think any of them would make this offense respectable. The way Ross was used is a bullet point for why Petersen and Smith suck. Besides the whole worst offense in the Pac 12 for the 2nd year in a row.

Bingo.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Well In my opinion these receivers sucking major ass is a huge problem. I assume the running game would be much better if String and Kasen actually provided a threat to the opposing defense. I assume the run game would open up with blocking tight ends not converted overweight receivers, and bracket coverage on String and Kasen with Ross in the slot position would actually resemble something that a defense would have to scheme for. From what I have seen from Browning he has the capacity to distribute the ball effectively and these would be major targets.
    Yes the OL sucks ass, but when was the last decent OL UW has fielded? 199_??
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,010
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Well In my opinion these receivers sucking major ass is a huge problem. I assume the running game would be much better if String and Kasen actually provided a threat to the opposing defense. I assume the run game would open up with blocking tight ends, and bracket coverage on these receivers. From what I have seen from Browning he has the capacity to distribute the ball effectively.

2000 Rose Bowl team. And that TUFF line led by Juan Garcia - hi @nupedawg!
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Well In my opinion these receivers sucking major ass is a huge problem. I assume the running game would be much better if String and Kasen actually provided a threat to the opposing defense. I assume the run game would open up with blocking tight ends, and bracket coverage on these receivers. From what I have seen from Browning he has the capacity to distribute the ball effectively.

2000 Rose Bowl team. And that TUFF line led by Juan Garcia - hi @nupedawg!

From what I remember that Oline sucked ass too.
    If you're gonna bash Nupe, I'm out.
    #FreePub Nupe
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Fucking Christ could come grace our (?) field instead of Notre Dame's and we would still get Satan's pitch fork up our (?) ass.

Peterman only knows what we are seeing. He doesn't trust his QB to do anything other than short dink and dunk shit.

He won't open the playbook until he feels his team can execute it all.

Its the old ... my way is best.

This isn't Neu bringing in Gilby to run the option because that was the best system for his players. He played the hand he was dealt ... Peterman wants to deal the hand, play the hand, and until he he gets it all there ... we are going to get the shit show we got.

This isn't a Smith problem.

And oh yeah.

Smith is here for the long haul ... Peterman trusts him with "his" offense.

Deal with it assholes.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Fucking Christ could come grace our (?) field instead of Notre Dame's and we would still get Satan's pitch fork up our (?) ass.

Peterman only knows what we are seeing. He doesn't trust his QB to do anything other than short dink and dunk shit.

He won't open the playbook until he feels his team can execute it all.

Its the old ... my way is best.

This isn't Neu bringing in Gilby to run the option because that was the best system for his players. He played the hand he was dealt ... Peterman wants to deal the hand, play the hand, and until he he gets it all there ... we are going to get the shit show we got.

This isn't a Smith problem.

And oh yeah.

Smith is here for the long haul ... Peterman trusts him with "his" offense.

Deal with it assholes.

Fuck you and your perspective!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

1) Kasen Williams. This is the obvious choice because instead of catching TD's in the playoffs for the Hawks (Hi DNC) he should be finishing his senior year healthy. He makes the plays on 50/50 Balls that Browning likes to throw. This duo would have been great to watch this year.

2) Damore'ea Stringfellow. The big strong fast receiver UW needs right now to free up the running game. Fuck you Cyler for being a dumb shit and wearing your Denver hat during a 12's celebration looking for trouble... WTF was String suppose to do, let his QB get his ass kicked?. I wish he had signed with USC and String would still be a Dawg and Browning wouldn't be throwing to the legion of Smurfs

Flagged for focusing on the "skill" positions.

You must be new to football if you don't think that any fucking stooge from the projects couldn't run and catch if they had giant gaping holes and 4 seconds of protection for the QB.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think Smith has been bad as an OC and the offense's performance has caused me to have the first stabbing feeling that Petersen isn't the coach I thought he was.

At the same time, I think the D is very good despite last year's losses and the special teams have been good in the aggregate as well.

Returning to the offense, I only realized now that UW started 7 underclassmen against Cal (4 freshmen, 3 sophomores) including true freshmen at the all important QB and LT positions.

Yeah yeah yeah, we're young for the Xth year in a row but man, I don't ever recall any offense that young with true frosh at key positions.

Also something for consideration, the only upperclassmen starters are the O are Mickens, Tufunga, Perkins, and Washington. Does that sound like a recipe for success, particularly earlier in the season?

So I guess the good thing is that no matter what happens with Smith, the offense WILL GET BETTER because it's not like it's an offense loaded with upperclassmen / returning starters. And yeah yeah yeah I get the argument that just because they're young doesn't mean they'll get better but what I've seen tells me that Browning, Adams, Shelton, Sosebee, McGary / James, Pettis, Lenius, and Gaskin will improve because they have the talent (vs. praying that guys like Miles, Atoe, Criste, and Brostek finally show up).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

I think Smith has been bad as an OC and the offense's performance has caused me to have the first stabbing feeling that Petersen isn't the coach I thought he was.

At the same time, I think the D is very good despite last year's losses and the special teams have been good in the aggregate as well.

Returning to the offense, I only realized now that UW started 7 underclassmen against Cal (4 freshmen, 3 sophomores) including true freshmen at the all important QB and LT positions.

Yeah yeah yeah, we're young for the Xth year in a row but man, I don't ever recall any offense that young with true frosh at key positions.

Also something for consideration, the only upperclassmen starters are the O are Mickens, Tufunga, Perkins, and Washington. Does that sound like a recipe for success, particularly earlier in the season?

So I guess the good thing is that no matter what happens with Smith, the offense WILL GET BETTER because it's not like it's an offense loaded with upperclassmen / returning starters. And yeah yeah yeah I get the argument that just because they're young doesn't mean they'll get better but what I've seen tells me that Browning, Adams, Shelton, Sosebee, McGary / James, Pettis, Lenius, and Gaskin will improve because they have the talent (vs. praying that guys like Miles, Atoe, Criste, and Brostek finally show up).

They will get better. There are still major issues and instead of losing close games to mediocre teams, we will lose close games to better teams. Petersen was at least a -2 coach last year. He's a least -1 already this year.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HFNY said:

They will get better. There are still major issues and instead of losing close games to mediocre teams, we will lose close games to better teams. Petersen was at least a -2 coach last year. He's a least -1 already this year.
    So with JRossIII back next year.... CCP will be a +1 in 2016?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    He's definitely -1 this year because he didn't at least cover against Cal. Cal was favored by 4.5 and he lost by 6.

He covered vs. BSU though. IIRC, the spread was 10 and he lost by 3 (Browning's first start).

I'm sure we both agree that to reclaim so good will he's lost, Petersen will need to beat a team the sharps think he should lose to...like the oh so close loss to Arizona after Cooper fumbled.

So even though the schedule is tough the next 3 games, it's actually a great chance to get so momentum back. UW will probably be around a 17 point dog @ USC, maybe a 6 point dog vs. Oregon, and probably at least a 10 point dog @ Stanford (subject to lines moving after more feedback from the USC game).

Definitely 3 opportunities for the offense to change some minds.

HFNY said:

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

He's definitely -1 this year because he didn't at least cover against Cal. Cal was favored by 4.5 and he lost by 6.

He covered vs. BSU though. IIRC, the spread was 10 and he lost by 3 (Browning's first start).

I'm sure we both agree that to reclaim so good will he's lost, Petersen will need to beat a team the sharps think he should lose to...like the oh so close loss to Arizona after Cooper fumbled.

So even though the schedule is tough the next 3 games, it's actually a great chance to get so momentum back. UW will probably be around a 17 point dog @ USC, maybe a 6 point dog vs. Oregon, and probably at least a 10 point dog @ Stanford (subject to lines moving after more feedback from the USC game).

HFNY said:

You play to win the game, not cover the spread.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I get that.

But not all wins and losses are equal, at least in terms of attempting to use them as a guide for future performance going forward.

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

I get that.

But not all wins and losses are equal, at least in terms of attempting to use them as a guide for future performance going forward.

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Agree. The conference games are the ones that matter.

4-6
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

I miss String.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,615
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Pete been paid 3.2 million hi houhusky.

To change lives.