Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official LSU v Syracuse thread

I bet @TTJ thinks LSU should have redshirted Fournette last year.

Comments

• Options
    SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    One of the crazy bitches that called into the Paul Finebaum Show this week went full rant puppy about playing a true freshman at QB now and calling out Saban and not giving a shit about 5 years from now...I was crying, it was beautiful.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meh. You're not really helping your argument here. Fournette gained 1000 yards last year, but he didn't stand out. How many more games would LSU have lost without him?

This year, Fournette is a completely different player. (And no, i don't think he'd be a lesser player today coming off a RS season.)

Water is wet, and redshirting helps players get better. That's why teams do it.
  • Options
    TTJ said:

Meh. You're not really helping your argument here. Fournette gained 1000 yards last year, but he didn't stand out. How many more games would LSU have lost without him?

This year, Fournette is a completely different player. (And no, i don't think he'd be a lesser player today coming off a RS season.)

And you don't think Jake won't be better next year after getting valuable reps same as Fournette last year? Horrible argument when you poo poo 1000 yards at a true fr RB and think he would be as good playing on the scout team...wow just wow
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TTJ said:

Playing makes you get better than redshirting.

Somehow I don't think Fournette was going to stick around for 5 years.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    Founders Club
    Shouldn't LSU be up 49-0 by now? It's not like Syracuse is playing a great game either.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    Founders Club
    Crisp September afternoons is the Carrier Dome are always special
  • Options

Shouldn't LSU be up 49-0 by now? It's not like Syracuse is playing a great game either.

LSU's offense isn't nearly as good as Auburn made it look last week.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    SEC West is loaded top to bottom.
  • Options

PAC South is loaded top to bottom.

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Spooge's brain is not loaded top to bottom.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

I'm with you on reshirting in general, but Fournette's gone after next year. Redshirting him to get only two seasons out of him would have been nuts. He's in the Reggie Williams category of play him while you can.
  • Options
    This just in: Fournette is really good.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

I'm with you on reshirting in general, but Fournette's gone after next year. Redshirting him to get only two seasons out of him would have been nuts. He's in the Reggie Williams category of play him while you can.
    Sure. Fournette's awesome. And early exits are gonna happen a small percentage of the time. But the odds favor a strong presumption in favor of RS-ing.
  • Options
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

Sure. Fournette's awesome. And early exits are gonna happen a small percentage of the time. But the odds favor a strong presumption in favor of RS-ing.
    Hi. Get familiar with the fifth year transfer rule. It's removed most of the incentive to redshirt guys.