Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Griswold: No beer in the stadiums; Bottles in the Drawer: All good

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
"I'm not sure how many times it needs to be said or explained, especially to those who've been here a long time...............It's never going to happen. It's not a matter of just making a decision, but all kinds of liquor laws, upper campus policies, zoning issues, and several other factors. It will never happen.

Next."

Debate I'd pay to see

V.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Most college programs don't allow beer in the stands. HTH
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Right ... which is why you have the Zone and the Dawg Deck ...

If there's a compelling enough $$$ grab behind it, it will get done.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2015
    Baseman said:

"I'm not sure how many times it needs to be said or explained, especially to those who've been here a long time...............It's never going to happen. It's not a matter of just making a decision, but all kinds of liquor laws, upper campus policies, zoning issues, and several other factors. It will never happen.

Next."

Debate I'd pay to see

V.

So local microbrews and bud light sold on concourses in 2016. COOK IT!!
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Wake me up when they start selling joints in the stadium.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

They sell beer in the Zone, Don James Center, the patio area in the northwest deck, touchdown terrace, Club husky, the sky suites, the regular suites..... It's just a matter of time, I think Oregon needs to do it before UW will take the "risk" and start to do it too.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

put it right next to the cupcake stand and watch those fuckers fly off the shelves.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

They sell beer in the Zone, Don James Center, the patio area in the northwest deck, touchdown terrace, Club husky, the sky suites, the regular suites..... It's just a matter of time, I think there needs to be a few more schools that do it before UW will take the "risk" and start to do it too.

This is an amusing concept in light of the fact my 2 dads tell stories of the good ole days when they carried kegs into the student section with them.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Story time.

As some of you may know, I used to be a ticket reseller. From time to time I came across really unique access to various venues. For example I ended up in the President's Box for the ASU game last year - but I digress.

The morning of the opening of the brand new Husky Stadium, my buddy hits me up and says "I found a unique parking pass on craigslist - it's UNDER the stadium."

"What?!"

"We should get it."

"Ok. Sounds sweet."

"And we should take a blunt. We could be the first people to smoke weed in the new stadium."

"Oh man, FUCK YES!"

So him, myself, and two other buddies show up to the game 5 hours before kickoff with blunts in tow. Before we head into the bowels of the stadium, the State Patrol's bomb sniffing dog circles the vehicle. "You gentleman have a great day and Go Dawgs."

A great day we had.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

Story time.

As some of you may know, I used to be a ticket reseller. From time to time I came across really unique access to various venues. For example I ended up in the President's Box for the ASU game last year - but I digress.

The morning of the opening of the brand new Husky Stadium, my buddy hits me up and says "I found a unique parking pass on craigslist - it's UNDER the stadium."

"What?!"

"We should get it."

"Ok. Sounds sweet."

"And we should take a blunt. We could be the first people to smoke weed in the new stadium."

"Oh man, FUCK YES!"

So him, myself, and two other buddies show up to the game 5 hours before kickoff with blunts in tow. Before we head into the bowels of the stadium, the State Patrol's bomb sniffing dog circles the vehicle. "You gentleman have a great day and Go Dawgs."

A great day we had.
    What I imagined happened

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Story time.

"What?!"

"We should get it."

"Ok. Sounds sweet."

"Oh man, FUCK YES!"

A great day we had.
    What I imagined happened

What really happened:

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    1. I had a beer in the Off the Leash area last Saturday. Coors light. $7.50. Didn't need it. Pretty much zoned out the entire seond half.

2. the zoning laws and what not Kim speaks of are true. It's the same reason you can't purchase beer inside Seahawk Stadium.