Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why Dawgman Isn't Relevant Anymore

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Technology.

Times have changed.

Back when kids committed to a coach and social engineering was the only way to find out in the fastest time possible the latest recruiting news... is kaput. Kids today announce on Twitter, which everyone has access to, and kids today put their own recruiting highlight videos up on Hudle and/or YouTube, which again everyone has access to.

So, what exactly are people paying subscriptions to Dawgman for? The privilege to read some random guys opinion on rumors regarding teenage boys who change their minds almost as much as teenage girls?

Come on, man.

I don't need to find out a kid committed an hour before he blasts it out to the universe on Twitter. If I feel the need to talk recruiting at all, I am perfectly fine discussing recruiting here on Hardcore Husky an hour after the fact, and without the drama of entitled douchebags controlling the flow of conversation.

Dawgman is like the DVD. Yeah, it's still around but it's days are numbered and they know it.

All this is true, but inertia would have kept a lot of quality poasters there for quite awhile thanks to the quality of the community and the discussion. But then Kim decided stifle discussion and destroy the community.

Their impending demise is irreversible at this poont.
    Yep. It's over. It just has to play out.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    But how is Kim a fucking idiot?
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Technology.

Times have changed.

Back when kids committed to a coach and social engineering was the only way to find out in the fastest time possible the latest recruiting news... is kaput. Kids today announce on Twitter, which everyone has access to, and kids today put their own recruiting highlight videos up on Hudle and/or YouTube, which again everyone has access to.

So, what exactly are people paying subscriptions to Dawgman for? The privilege to read some random guys opinion on rumors regarding teenage boys who change their minds almost as much as teenage girls?

Come on, man.

I don't need to find out a kid committed an hour before he blasts it out to the universe on Twitter. If I feel the need to talk recruiting at all, I am perfectly fine discussing recruiting here on Hardcore Husky an hour after the fact, and without the drama of entitled douchebags controlling the flow of conversation.

Dawgman is like the DVD. Yeah, it's still around but it's days are numbered and they know it.

All this is true, but inertia would have kept a lot of quality poasters there for quite awhile thanks to the quality of the community and the discussion. But then Kim decided to stifle discussion and wage war on the community.

Fucking this.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    guntlove said:

dnc said:

Technology.

Times have changed.

Come on, man.

All this is true, but inertia would have kept a lot of quality poasters there for quite awhile thanks to the quality of the community and the discussion. But then Kim decided to stifle discussion and wage war on the community.

Fucking this.
    He speaks!
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Question is... Does Kim realize he's become the tidy bowl man?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We need a film breakdown section. There are some great football minds in this place.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    KG displaying his business acumen by basically admitting his service is irrelevant and recruits don't want to talk to them.

"Kids are getting more and more difficult to reach these days. We're now in an era where people don't answer their phones unless they recognize the number. As always, as soon as we contact them, we'll have a report."