Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

You Seattle-ites might enjoy these fun facts

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Interesting note you might not know about Seattle:

Seattle geography-while in land, it is a long and somewhat narrow city. On the east side of Seattle is a very large and long lake, (fresh water, Lake Washington); on the west side is salt water (Puget Sound).

And, about rain? Seattle is WAY down the list (44th in) annual rainfall. Check it out:

www.todayifoundout.com/index.p...that-much-rain/

Seattle (salt water Puget Sound averages 942 feet in depth) and is home to the largest octopi in the world:

www.datalaneexpress.com/tips_menu_012.html

I think there is a group here trying to discourage people moving here with that rain talk. But, it's not working; Seattle is growing, jobs booming and people are moving here in mass. You know why with Amazon.com, Costo, Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, on and on...

Looking forward to having you here in Seattle (on 9-13-14). SEA-town awaits your great UI fans. WELCOME! Here is a preview for you of new Husky Stadium (Lake Washington in the background). You can even arrive by boat. Many people tailgate on their boat and arrive at Husky Stadium by boat (we call it "sailgating"). Some restaurants actually offer a ride by boat if you dine there. One of the restaurats that does this is called Chinooks. Here is the website:

http://www.anthonys.com/restau...k-at-salmon-bay

And, here is new Husky Stadium (Lake Washington in the background):

http://seattletimes.com/html/s...adium25xml.html

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club
    Admittedly, Seattle traffic can get congested; so along with your clothes and toiletries, be sure to pack your patience!
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    I spent most of my life inside the City of Seattle. True about the rain. It rains more here in Savannah, Ga than Seattle. People here don't believe me.....

The thing is it's dark as hell for two months. November and December the sun shines for a total of about an hour. It's better not that far away, but in the City those months are bleak.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seattle has the highest suicide rate in the world!!!!11!!!
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    The world x Russia?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The world x Russia?

The WORLD!
  • Options

Seattle geography-while in land, it is a long and somewhat narrow city. On the east side of Seattle is a very large and long lake, (fresh water, Lake Washington); on the west side is salt water (Puget Sound).

And, about rain? Seattle is WAY down the list (44th in) annual rainfall. Check it out:

Seattle (salt water Puget Sound averages 942 feet in depth) and is home to the largest octopi in the world:

I think there is a group here trying to discourage people moving here with that rain talk. But, it's not working; Seattle is growing, jobs booming and people are moving here in mass. You know why with Amazon.com, Costo, Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, on and on...

Looking forward to having you here in Seattle (on 9-13-14). SEA-town awaits your great UI fans. WELCOME! Here is a preview for you of new Husky Stadium (Lake Washington in the background). You can even arrive by boat. Many people tailgate on their boat and arrive at Husky Stadium by boat (we call it "sailgating"). Some restaurants actually offer a ride by boat if you dine there. One of the restaurats that does this is called Chinooks. Here is the website:

I had to do a double check to see if that was the real Krisvashon and not sven/harv impersonating her. Yup it was her, she's that big of a fucktard.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Thanks for the information.

My friends and I can't wait to make the trip.
    We've heard Husky fans are real classy so it should be fun.

We want to tailgate and have a few "sodas" before the game.
    What's the policy out there about "sodas"?

• Options
    Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    One thing about the rain, head east closer to the foothills and measurable amount of rain doubles.

We also average only 70 days a year of sunny days, so even when it isn't raining, it is still gloomy and shitty.