Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I can't even hate this Oregon ad a little bit

13»

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited September 2015
    haie said:

The video was seriously lacking in meth, college dropouts, and Lane CC kids who love their Ducks. Plus I don't see all those athletes lining up to rim Phil's necromantic asshole. No tradition depicted

YBE

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    AZDuck said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Men's T&F : 2014, 2015
    Women's T&F: 2015
    Indoor T&F: 2009
    Cross Country: 2007, 2008
    Football (runner-up): 2014
    Football (SRS): 2014

Does anybody give a shit about Track & Field or Running?

Not sure what is more pathetic ... highlighting football runner up in 2014 (but your PTSD forgetting Cam Newton and Michael Dyer going WAR EAGLE on your ass*) or calling out being the SRS champs of 2014. Are you going to hang a banner in Autzen stadium celebrating a crowning by computers instead of on the field results?

And BTW, the funniest part of the video to me was the call out of Kenny Wheaton for single handedly turning the fortunes of Oregon football. No matter what Oregon does on the field, Kenny Wheaton's INT for Oregon rivals what Edgar Martinez's double was to the Mariners.

The only thing interesting about Oregon football at this point is how long of a leash Helfrich is given before running the program into the ground. After last Saturday, I'm convinced more than ever that UW is well positioned to go on a run of dominance in the PAC North in the very near future.
    DPOTW!

also too, edited, thanks

Semi-serious response: SRS natty was a joke, always has been, always will be.

Oregon is a track school and a cross country school. If you think that's a joke, millions (and potentially billions) of Nike dollars respectfully disagree. Track also nicely cross-trains with football. Hence we get guys like Devon Allen, who you will see running around ovals next summer in Brazil. UW's claim to sporting fame is rowboat, which is rowboat.

* 21-19? WAR EAGLE on our ass?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

haie said:

The video was seriously lacking in meth, college dropouts, and Lane CC kids who love their Ducks. Plus I don't see all those athletes lining up to rim Phil's necromantic asshole. No tradition depicted

YBE

Is that artwork called "Rape Eyes" or "Rape Culture"?
    That is, I shit you not, the mirror in the women's bathroom in the athletic tutoring building. So, um... yeah.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

This is exactly perfect. For a school with "no tradition," there's a lot of fucking tradition in this ad

Neil Everette, Dennis Dixon and "his two rings", random female athletes I've never heard of, some random white buy that's as big a mountain, and the guy from Modern Family is by definition "no tradition". HTH.

Cool commercial doe.
    Nice selective list. I guess you missed Ahmad Rashad, Dan Fouts, Ashton Eaton, Galen Rupp and the most recent Heisman winner because UCLA hasn't been serious about football or track and field in about what? 30 years or so... and nobody, and I mean nobody knows who the fuck Gary Beban is/was
    Even a homer like you isn't going to play academis tradition and celebrity smack with UCLA right?
    UCLA has more national championships than anyone else.

Just not recently.
    Was Oregons last NATTY before or after 1954? I'm asking for a fren. I know the tall firs came after the Obannon brothers...touché there.
    in fairness to the Duck, an argument about football natties between you two is like a pillow fight between PGOS and Middlebury Bob.

just lighten up girls.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Not sure what is more pathetic ... highlighting football runner up in 2014 (but your PTSD forgetting Cam Newton and Michael Dyer going WAR EAGLE on your ass) or calling out being the SRS champs of 2014. Are you going to hang a banner in Autzen stadium celebrating a crowning by computers instead of on the field results?

And BTW, the funniest part of the video to me was the call out of Kenny Wheaton for single handedly turning the fortunes of Oregon football. No matter what Oregon does on the field, Kenny Wheaton's INT for Oregon rivals what Edgar Martinez's double was to the Mariners.

The only thing interesting about Oregon football at this point is how long of a leash Helfrich is given before running the program into the ground. After last Saturday, I'm convinced more than ever that UW is well positioned to go on a run of dominance in the PAC North in the very near future.
    You're that confident about the Sac State results?
  • Options
    haie said:

But don't get me wrong, when UW counters with a Macklemore hipster video featuring the Women's Studies Department banging each other with umbrellas in the rain at HS, I will be ready to admit defeat and stab my fucking eyes out.

get ready haie. Mack is out with a new LP, and the carpets are lubed.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

haie said:

YBE

Is that artwork called "Rape Eyes" or "Rape Culture"?
    That is, I shit you not, the mirror in the women's bathroom in the athletic tutoring building. So, um... yeah.
    This would be less creepy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Not sure what is more pathetic ... highlighting football runner up in 2014 (but your PTSD forgetting Cam Newton and Michael Dyer going WAR EAGLE on your ass) or calling out being the SRS champs of 2014. Are you going to hang a banner in Autzen stadium celebrating a crowning by computers instead of on the field results?

Your reading comprehension and projecting ability sucks
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Your sarcasm radar sucks even more ... dumbfuck. Your post wasn't that clever. I got it.

On another note, there are two things I will never understand about doogs like you who fall into the royotis tradition: where, exactly, do you find the insult referencing Wheaton and Knight to a Duck? Who cares? There are so many other things to poke fun at Oregon, and those two leave normal people waiting for the punchline ... "and?" Making fun of Eugene and the mascot itself makes much more sense. Making fun of how shitty they were for so long makes sense.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Your sarcasm radar sucks even more ... dumbfuck. Your post wasn't that clever. I got it.

Since you're so confident you got what I was trying to say, why don't you share it with the rest of the bored
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Since you're so confident you got what I was trying to say, why don't you share it with the rest of the bored
    I presume that your reference to "after last Saturday" was to Oregon's performance against Michigan State, and perhaps coupled with the fall of Stanford and the rest of the deteriorating dreck that is the Pac North.

if it's something else, then it was too obscure to justify pulling the too tired "reading comprehension" line out of your ass along with your butt tampon. can't have it both ways Sally. either it was obvious or it wasn't. in any event, your assumption that I was seriously questioning the Sac State result as the inspiration for your comment is just kvashon stupid.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

(and you'll note the silence of the local Husky fans because the six NCAA national championships listed above equal the number UW has in school history)

Once a Duck, always a Dumbass ...

If you want to start citing your track & field championships, it's probably then only fair for UW to call out their rowing championships.

Pretty sure you lose on the championship count when you go down that path ...

Fucktard
    There's like five schools that compete in rowboat.

This is my favorite direct quote from the UW athletics wikipedia page:
    The rowing programs at the University of Washington are some of the most successful collegiate athletic programs of any type at any university.[citation needed]
    And this:
    Rowing is one of the oldest intercollegiate sports in the United States. However, rowers comprise only 2.2% of total college athletes. This may be in part because of the status of rowing as an amateur sport and lack of access of many universities to suitable bodies of water. In the 2002-03 school year there were 1,712 male and 6,690 female collegiate rowers.[1]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_rowing_(United_States)

So probably a third of US male rowers are enrolled at UW and Cal. Competitive sport!

When I tune into the Olympics - they're not showing rowboat.

Yes they are.
    haie said:

But don't get me wrong, when UW counters with a Macklemore hipster video featuring the Women's Studies Department banging each other with umbrellas in the rain at HS, I will be ready to admit defeat and stab my fucking eyes out.

I regret that I only have one awesome to this this poast.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

I presume that your reference to "after last Saturday" was to Oregon's performance against Michigan State, and perhaps coupled with the fall of Stanford and the rest of the deteriorating dreck that is the Pac North.

if it's something else, then it was too obscure to justify pulling the too tired "reading comprehension" line out of your ass along with your butt tampon. can't have it both ways Sally. either it was obvious or it wasn't. in any event, your assumption that I was seriously questioning the Sac State result as the inspiration for your comment is just kvashon stupid.
    You are more on the right track than not ...

But the opinion has far more to do with opinions that I've held long before the first two games of this season. There's some confirmation of my thoughts from what I'm seeing so far this season. I do think that this will turn out to be a transformative season in the PAC North.