Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts on the Sac St. game

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam
Proud of our guys. These games sometimes can be difficult, you know, you go into a game and you're supposed to win by a bunch of points, and you see time and time again, a team lose focus and maybe not come out with the right energy or play the way you want them to play.

I thought our guys came in really focused yesterday, played with great energy. I thought their effort was good. I thought they were into the game. They executed well, and we got a couple more penalties than I would've liked. A couple of them were, you know, penalties that we're gonna learn from, especially the one on Victor.

So, all in all, I was just proud of our effort, that we came out with a good fire about us and jumped on 'em... which is probably what we should've done, and that's exactly what excited me, that our guys were able to do that. I thought it was great for us and for team morale that every eligible player got in yesterday and got to play in the game yesterday. I think its great for our team, great for our locker room.

That's the type of team that we have. So, all in all, it's a great win.

Comments

• PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,473
    Victor Aiyewa?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,787
    I like to say the team came in really focused and score 0 points in the first 15 minutes. It's what I like to do. And say.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,560 Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

I like to say the team came in really focused and score 0 points in the first 15 minutes. It's what I like to do. And say.

I suppose it's better than losing 14 to 0 at half

2022 should be special
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,520 Founders Club
    "The kids played hard!"
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited September 2015
    Coach Petersen at today's presser: “Proud of our guys, they really did what we wanted them to do - which was work their tail off last week and improve. And I think they did that."

Thought we made some progress.

But it was progress and on offense sometimes you need all 11 clicking and it’s really hard to get that early on, but we were still able to make some plays.

Hey Coach! You can't tell improvement from a game against sac state. You must not read the message boards over here.
  • SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    Sark literally falls all over himself talking about JuJu while the 3rd class D player is virtually invisible during the entire video.

That dumbass was more interesting in a 50 point win getting the starting QB 400 plus yards than getting his 2nd string QB valuable live reps.

I liked how he was scanning the drink special lists at the local watering holes when he wasn't flapping his gums.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Wow, I'm surprised at how many people were whoooooooshed by this, including Boobies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zr8jcvDT10

I only read the subject line
    Passion said:

Coach Petersen at today's presser: “Proud of our guys, they really did what we wanted them to do - which was work their tail off last week and improve. And I think they did that."

But it was progress and on offense sometimes you need all 11 clicking and it’s really hard to get that early on, but we were still able to make some plays.

Hey Coach! You can't tell improvement from a game against sac state. You must not read the message boards over here.

This Doog Passion loves incremental progress.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,520 Founders Club

Sark literally falls all over himself talking about JuJu while the 3rd class D player is virtually invisible during the entire video.

That dumbass was more interesting in a 50 point win getting the starting QB 400 plus yards than getting his 2nd string QB valuable live reps.

I liked how he was scanning the drink special lists at the local watering holes when he wasn't flapping his gums.

Same could be said for Petersen. He only got his backup QB 1 pass attempt in a 49-0 win.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Same could be said for Petersen. He only got his backup QB 1 pass attempt in a 49-0 win.
    Barring injury Magna Carta will never take a meaningful snap at UW IMO
    Tequilla said:

You mean like the Boise State game? :wink:

Tequilla said:

You know what I mean fucktard
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So the Boise State game was a scrimmage?

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So the Boise State game was a scrimmage?
    Did he do anything useful on those players other than hand the ball to someone else while Browning was on the sideline gaining some perspective?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Passion said:

But it was progress and onoffense sometimes you need ll 11 clicking and it’s really hard to get that early on, but we were still able to make some plays.

No, you and a few others here changed my mind. Its impossible to use the sac state game to determine if the team improved.

Petersen is FS and you are brilliant.
    Passion said:

Passion said:

But it was progress and onoffense sometimes you need ll 11 clicking and it’s really hard to get that early on, but we were still able to make some plays.

No, you and a few others here changed my mind. Its impossible to use the sac state game to determine if the team improved.

Petersen is FS and you are brilliant.
    Grow the hell up and learn the difference between REAL progress in the standings and incremental progress in scrimmages.

Your Doog ass learned nothing from the Sark era.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Passion said:

You are really passionate about trolling hardcore husky
  • SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379

Apples and Oranges Joseph...hear me out

1. Jake is a true freshman and he needs these valuable reps going into Utah St. and PAC-12 play.
    2. Cody K. is a 5th year senior and Sark is more interested in padding his stats than seeing the big picture giving as many live reps to his likely starter next year.