Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Honestly, What am I Missing Here?

Comments

• Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

It's been revealing to see Dawg fans hating on Smith. BSU fans had the very same hatred for Robert Prince. The common denominator is Coach Pete's 2013-present offense. It's not what made him great.

Wasn't Pete's 2013 offense a bunch of hurry up crap? I don't remember him doing all of the pre-snap shifts. That stuff is all from earlier (I noticed Harrisin's offense was doing it too).
  • Options
    LocalKineBroncoLocalKineBronco Member Posts: 32
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Wasn't Pete's 2013 offense a bunch of hurry up crap? I don't remember him doing all of the pre-snap shifts. That stuff is all from earlier (I noticed Harrisin's offense was doing it too).

Yeah, 2013 was baaaad. I don't think the TEs or RBs made a single shift all year. The 2015 version in Seattle isn't great, but it's an improvement from the pilot version.

That and Browning is a Heisman winner compared to Southwick.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2015
    droggins said:

whuggy said:

So many comments ripping Jonathan Smith
    and a few on Petersen. Probably a 10-1 ratio.
    Isn't Petersen the architect and Smith the construction
    manager? How does the building guy put together
    a nice building from a crappy set of plans? I know
    I belong in the special eddie class but maybe you
    folks can edicate me on organizational structure.
    I didn't realize the OC was higher placed than the head coach.

Why stop at the coach? Isn't the AD in charge of the coach? Don't stop there. How about the President? Or the Board? It's a public institution. Fucking Obama.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

droggins said:

whuggy said:

Why stop at the coach? Isn't the AD in charge of the coach? Don't stop there. How about the President? Or the Board? It's a public institution. Fucking Obama.
    "You can't flag a moderator's post, even when @Owen12 happened while GWB was President."
  • Options

droggins said:

whuggy said:

"You can't flag a moderator's post, even when @Owen12 happened while GWB was President."
    Listen shit dick, the only obsession going on around here is you and this site. Most guys post here and there, you post here in scary fashion. Gives u a reason to pound after a day at the HHB office. You see your post total and scream up to your dads with pride. "Dad I'm up to 17,709", while your partner cries with happiness.
    I think that's my favorite comeback retort of all of yours.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    A long article on Petersen's offense http://smartfootball.com/gameplanning/breaking-down-boise-how-the-broncos-use-leverage-numbers-and-grass-to-gash-the-opposition
    Yes it has probably changed a bit since, but the principle remain the same. And Smith is a student of Petersen so he probably just applies the scheme. What is true is that he calls the plays and may well suck at this.

Petersen's scheme seems pretty complicated and relies on a lot of preparation to know how to attack the other team every week. It doesn't have a clear identity and tells the other team "now defend that identity". No, as the article says, it takes what the defense is giving them.

Maybe other teams have figured out how to defend that? Maybe you need a certain type of players to assimilate the play book and we don't have them yet? A Dwayne Washington for example doesn't fit this philosophy, in my opinion.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Quite honestly, most of the Doogs here are afraid to admit the reality that the head coach is responsible for this mess.

Our head coach is an offensive coach. That's how he rose to being a head coach. Offense is supposed to be Peterman's specialty. His offenses have sucked for awhile. Maybe he can still fix it, but it's a bright red fucking flag. That's his side of the ball. Smith is using his scheme.

I think the reason Smith gets more of the blame is because a lot of us (myself included) believe if Petersen shit canned Smith he could be successful. He needs to humble himself, hire an outside OC from a legit offense, and hand the reigns of the offense over. It might be hard to lure a great OC if Petersen insists on sticking with his scheme.
    Well, it does smack of re-arranging the
    deck chairs which we accused Sark of
    doing when he fired Holt. However it
    might placate the Petersen fans who are
    looking for a less severe solution than canning
    the head coach. You wonder if Petersen would
    turn over the reins to an innovative OC. Sure
    worked for Belloti.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

droggins said:

whuggy said:

Since 2008 unemployment dramatically down, stock market dramatically up, auto industry saved, bin laden dead, and more consecutive months of economic growth than anyone can count.

I wish this was Obama's Husky Football.
  • Options
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

droggins said:

whuggy said:

Since 2008 unemployment dramatically down, stock market dramatically up, auto industry saved, bin laden dead, and more consecutive months of economic growth than anyone can count.

Nuclear Deal disaster with Iran; Lack of honesty as to the breadth of those who disagree, including Saudi Arabia... Diplomacy Disasters with Iran and North Korea; Lies and Flip Flops on Immigration Reform; Lies about ObamaCare not being a Tax; failure to stand-up to Putin/Russia's involvement in the shooting down of the Malaysian Passenger Plane; Releases 5 High Level Taliban for 1 Alleged American Deserter; Lies About Being Able To Keep Your Insurance Policy If You Like It; Constant inflammatory rhetoric that has hurt race relations; Census faked 2012 election jobs report for Obama; Lies about Sequester; Illegal shake down health care companies for donations to fund implementation of Obamacare; Obama Courts Arab Spring/Muslim Brotherhood; which was nothing more than a Terrorist front; Obama Administration Snubs the Funeral of Margaret Thatcher; Fast and Furious” gun running scandal; Turned back on Israel, Multiple czars with no accountability;

Etc...

• Options

Passion said:

droggins said:

whuggy said:

Nuclear Deal disaster with Iran; Lack of honesty as to the breadth of those who disagree, including Saudi Arabia... Diplomacy Disasters with Iran and North Korea; Lies and Flip Flops on Immigration Reform; Lies about ObamaCare not being a Tax; failure to stand-up to Putin/Russia's involvement in the shooting down of the Malaysian Passenger Plane; Releases 5 High Level Taliban for 1 Alleged American Deserter; Lies About Being Able To Keep Your Insurance Policy If You Like It; Constant inflammatory rhetoric that has hurt race relations; Census faked 2012 election jobs report for Obama; Lies about Sequester; Illegal shake down health care companies for donations to fund implementation of Obamacare; Obama Courts Arab Spring/Muslim Brotherhood; which was nothing more than a Terrorist front; Obama Administration Snubs the Funeral of Margaret Thatcher; Fast and Furious” gun running scandal; Turned back on Israel, Multiple czars with no accountability;

Etc...

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,592
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2015
    Yeah but still...

Smith has a smaller contract buyout so he's to blame right now.

We should have hired that Chip Kelly guy from New Hampshire as our OC. He might have even made a good HC someday.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Yeah but still...

We should have hired that Chip Kelly guy from New Hampshire as our OC. He might have even made a good HC someday.

I specifically asked for no homosexual crap.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

PurpleJ said:

Yeah but still...

I specifically asked for no homosexual crap.
    The guy you solicited last night disagrees.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,616
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Passion said:

droggins said:

whuggy said:

Etc...

Shit. Tug tavern. Belongs.