Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I've yet to see any intern, outside of Sark, go from intern to head of an elite organization in one step. Praise Pat Haden.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    The college coaching world is tough: You take an 0-12 team, take it to three bowl games in 4 years, and your branded as "not good enough." Washington was program at rock bottom with few prospects for improvement, and Sark did an excellent job turning it around. His big problem was not offense, it was defense; his DC Nick Holt turned out to be pretty pathetic, and the jury is still out on Justin Wilcox, if you ask me. He gave Chris Peterson a much better team than Sark inherited, and look at the great job that genius Peterson - the experienced and highly thought of head coach - did last year.
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    Gladstone said:

The college coaching world is tough: You take an 0-12 team, take it to three bowl games in 4 years, and your branded as "not good enough." Washington was program at rock bottom with few prospects for improvement, and Sark did an excellent job turning it around. His big problem was not offense, it was defense; his DC Nick Holt turned out to be pretty pathetic, and the jury is still out on Justin Wilcox, if you ask me. He gave Chris Peterson a much better team than Sark inherited, and look at the great job that genius Peterson - the experienced and highly thought of head coach - did last year.

Where was this copy pasted from?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,023 Founders Club
    So all that time he should have been recruiting OL, he was actually getting coffee for Pool Boy and making copies? It all makes sense now.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Remember when former Weber State coach Mike Price took WS fucking U to the Rose Bowl?... twice??? Yeah, what Sark inherited was a *lot* worse than that.

Can't expect to win at a school with Don James trophies beaming glare reflecting off the lake in your eyes all the time.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    ok the comments section was so stupid i had to chime in there

also i wish firecoachsark.com was still up, what a great fact sheet that was. chest if you still have that offline i'll help pay to get it back up to exist in perpetuity .
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805

Whisper sweet nothings
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    TTJ said:

Sarkisian’s time at Washington was like an internship. He took the job at the bottom rung, making photo copies and fetching coffee. Considering the situation the Huskies were in when Sarkisian arrived, he did a pretty good job too. But there was a ceiling to what he could achieve, as with any internship.
    I'm sure if Sark was at UW as long as James.... Nope.