Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If the impossible happened: Sark is fired, Mora hired as HC, what would Kim's angle be? He obviously has a hatred for Mora, mostly because those who are on this site wanted Mora as coach, and goes out of his way to make excuses for his butt buddy Sark. I'm sure there would be no ban on bashing the coaching staff and "being negative"
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Great read that does not bode well for Washington.
    As stated, some coaches, "have it" and others don't.
    Sark just doesn't have that "it" factor to take us to an elite level.
    But he might be around for a long time as I don't really think
    the Husky Adm wants to take football to an elite level anyway.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kim's a journalist? LOL
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

If the impossible happened: Sark is fired, Mora hired as HC, what would Kim's angle be? He obviously has a hatred for Mora, mostly because those who are on this site wanted Mora as coach, and goes out of his way to make excuses for his butt buddy Sark. I'm sure there would be no ban on bashing the coaching staff and "being negative"

He would spout some bullshit about how Mora has changed, and that Mora's intensity is a good fit for the program after Sark. When he would get called out by posters, it would probably go a little something like this. "Some of you need to take a deep breath. I never said Mora would implode. I said he "could" implode. It really ticks me off when people just make stuff up. I like Jim."

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club

He would spout some bullshit about how Mora has changed, and that Mora's intensity is a good fit for the program after Sark. When he would get called out by posters, it would probably go a little something like this. "Some of you need to take a deep breath. I never said Mora would implode. I said he "could" implode. It really ticks me off when people just make stuff up. I like Jim."

He would say, "Jim would be the first to admit he has matured from his younger days... Sark created a great foundation and Jim's forceful personality is going to take this to the next level."
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2013

He would say, "Jim would be the first to admit he has matured from his younger days... Sark created a great foundation and Jim's forceful personality is going to take this to the next level."
    ICGAF about Kimmy, hearing that would be music to my ears. However, just my 0.02, but I get the feeling that Mora really is at home there. He's building a power in LA, great SoCal weather, great lifestyle for those in his income bracket, his folks are close by to be with the grand kids, a fan base that appreciates what he's doing, and he's smack dab in the center of the hottest of recruiting hotbeds on the west coast. His chances of winning conference titles are great, and he's in as good a situation as you can get on the west coast for the kind of national media attention that lends itself to winning national titles. Frankly, unless Dan Guerrero is a total fucktard and refuses to pay him, he'd be nuts to leave. UCLA has found their Terry Donahue.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I never blame a coach for taking a UCLA offer
  • Options
    PhilBleenorPhilBleenor Member Posts: 54
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    I was talking to Bear Bryant and he was convinced that Sark is better than Mora
  • Options
    Founders Club

I never blame a coach for taking a UCLA offer

articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/01/sports/la-sp-0802-ucla-coaching-salaries-20130802

They're working on making your statement (not a question) true
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Please take this to the Kim Hourly Update Board.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I was talking to Bear Bryant back in the day and he was convinced that this little kid named Steve Sarkisian would grow up one day and turn out to be is better than the then teenaged Jimmy Mora

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Under which slab of fieldturf is the Bear enshrined? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

Under which slab of fieldturf is the Bear enshrined? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm hearing Phil Bleenor has him in his basement in cryonic suspension, right next to his computer so he can talk to him and blog with a boner in his sweatpants at the same time.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    If we were ever so fortunate to see Mora replace Sark at Montlake, I expect dm.c would suck up to Jr. same as they have every Husky head football coach regardless of program performance on the field. For dm.c insiders who know or care little about the football part of the Husky product, it's all about access, concessions, cheerleaders, well endowed barmaids, stadium comfort, etc........ everything that's most important to the AD. Whether or not dm.c would treat Sark with their " I told you all that he wasn't that good " sop would depend on the circumstances of his leaving.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Charlie Weiss is "cocksure"? Are you Damone?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

ICGAF about Kimmy, hearing that would be music to my ears. However, just my 0.02, but I get the feeling that Mora really is at home there. He's building a power in LA, great SoCal weather, great lifestyle for those in his income bracket, his folks are close by to be with the grand kids, a fan base that appreciates what he's doing, and he's smack dab in the center of the hottest of recruiting hotbeds on the west coast. His chances of winning conference titles are great, and he's in as good a situation as you can get on the west coast for the kind of national media attention that lends itself to winning national titles. Frankly, unless Dan Guerrero is a total fucktard and refuses to pay him, he'd be nuts to leave. UCLA has found their Terry Donahue.
    Terry Donahue? WTF? Mora will take the next NFL gig, and 5 mil, that comes his way. Terry Donahue, shit o dear!

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2013

Fan support at UCLA is historically the lowest in the conference behind Stanford. Also, if some of you thought there was a upper campus/football divide at UW -- UCLA is a thousand times worse. Lots of ivory tower types. With Mora having been a UW player, booster, and native Seattlelite, I'm not sure he turns down UW. This is the same guy who was ready to immediately drop what he was doing mid NFL playoff run and head off to UW and save us from HWSNBN. UCLA is undoubtedly nice, but I think it would be a Bear Bryant-to-Alabama situation:

When he was incredulously asked why he came to Alabama despite having all the success and support he ever needed at A&M, he replied "Momma called. And when Momma calls, you just have to come runnin'."
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Terry Donahue? WTF? Mora will take the next NFL gig, and 5 mil, that comes his way. Terry Donahue, shit o dear!

I'm not sure if he will take the first NFL offer. At some point, he will probably give the NFL another shot, but I could see him staying at UCLA for 6-8 years and trying to win a title or two. He's doing very well, and the talent is only getting better.

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mora will pad his resume before a trip to Seattle.