Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dan Patrick just destroyed Tom Rinaldi

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
So a team from Washington threw a LL softball world series game to keep another team out of the semis. Here's a link buttfucker: espn.go.com/sports/llws15/story/_/id/13460996/central-iowa-protest-upheld-little-league-softball-world-series

Dan Patrick remarked that Tom Rinaldi will probably do a segment on it in the future. Then they brought out the sappy piano and Dan did a great impression of Rinaldi and made participation trophy jokes. Can't have a link on that part, because I was watching live and in passing. Cool story purp. Fuck off.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I stopped reading at "X just destroyed Y".

If I wanted to see a bunch of ridiculous clickbait headlines about so and so destroying so and so I'd surf facebook.

SFJ.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I stopped reading at "X just destroyed Y".

If I wanted to see a bunch of ridiculous clickbait headlines about so and so destroying so and so I'd surf facebook.

SFJ.

Your snark game is a little off today. He put Rinaldi in a box and BURIED him.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This entire cluster fuck is on Little League and their stupid fucking rules. Good on Dan Patrick for mocking both Rinaldi and Little League.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Snohomish reprazent!¡!¡
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hey Central Iowa. I have a solution for your problem. PLAY BETTER!

Had you actually won the games, you wouldn't have to rely on teams which beat you to help you progress in a tournament. This is the biggest form of parent and coaching pussification.

Sure glad you taught your kids something about winning and losing. I can't believe these kids will actually be in the workforce in my lifetime.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Who is Rinaldi and when did he die?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    edited August 2015
    So Patrick made gutless snarky comments behind his back? What a hero.

BTW Patrick....I had the Red Hook Audible Ale...it sucks and I didn't even notice until I got home but at 4.7% you should be ashamed to have your name attached to that "brew."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

BTW Patrick....I had the Red Hook Audible Ale...it sucks and I didn't even notice until I got home but at 4.7% you should be ashamed to have your name attached to that "brew."

Live TV isn't behind anyone's back.

And for the record, Dan actually said he is rooting for the Iowa team. I think he thinks the Washington team sucks for not trying to go undefeated.
  • Options
    JCDawgJCDawg Member Posts: 12
    HuskyJW said:

Man, they sell that shit at the alumni bar I go to watch the games for $15 a bucket. I could barely choke it down, and had to switch it to Coors light because I'd rather throw up in my mouth the rest of the night then drink that crap.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    JCDawg said:

HuskyJW said:

Man, they sell that shit at the alumni bar I go to watch the games for $15 a bucket. I could barely choke it down, and had to switch it to Coors light because I'd rather throw up in my mouth the rest of the night then drink that crap.
    You sound like a man of principle.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WTF, resting your starters isn't "fixing a game" Gregg Popovich does it all the time, and then pops off. It's letting your 12 year old girls be tanned, rested and ready for the games that matter. The object of pool play in any sport is to do just well enough to get through to the bracket. The Iowa coach is a bitch, and should be forced to live in Iowa for the rest of his life because of that. James Harrison agrees.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

HuskyInAZ said:

This entire cluster fuck is on Little League and their stupid fucking rules. Good on Dan Patrick for mocking both Rinaldi and Little League.

I blame America NAMBLA and TBSers for watching this bullshit.
    Slight crisping
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Alexis said:

WTF, resting your starters isn't "fixing a game" Gregg Popovich does it all the time, and then pops off. It's letting your 12 year old girls be tanned, rested and ready for the games that matter. The object of pool play in any sport is to do just well enough to get through to the bracket. The Iowa coach is a bitch, and should be forced to live in Iowa for the rest of his life because of that. James Harrison agrees.

But how is poll play the worst format ever for tournaments?

Double (or single) elimination or get the fuck out.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Go undefeated.

Control your destiny.

Sounds like Washington did ... Iowa didn't.

Fuck off Iowa.

Win or go home.

(Yeah, I know Washington had one loss, but it was by choice ... so they controlled their own destiny).
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    JCDawg said:

HuskyJW said:

college superiority guy!
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    if you read carefully, he never claimed to be an alumni and may not be considering he'd rather bitch to us about his life choices than just find another bar with a beer he likes.