Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I hope the Republican Party collapses on itself, and a new party emerges. One that is fiscally conservative, but also doesn't alienate 50% of the population by ignoring the separation of church and state.

One thing Trump is right on. No party will be fiscally conservative as long as the current lobbying system is in place.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    2001400ex said:

I hope the Republican Party collapses on itself, and a new party emerges. One that is fiscally conservative, but also doesn't alienate 50% of the population by ignoring the separation of church and state.

One thing Trump is right on. No party will be fiscally conservative as long as the current lobbying system is in place.
    I guess we know who hondo rolled to when the Obama checks stopped.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

I get paid to sit on the shitter and type on this site and I live on Mercer island on the lake as a result. Why the fuck are you here?
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2015

If the GOP loses again in this coming election, I think we will start to hear a lot of "rebranding" talk. Many millenials are fiscally conservative but the GOP's social conservatism is a turn-off, especially when they constantly preach freedom. If the GOP got their tongue out of the butthole of the Christian Right and became more libertarian and focused on a balanced budget they'd do much better
    Having a tendancy to start huge expensive wars is also a turnoff.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,618
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone should DIAFF.

#AllLivesMatter
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,924
    Standard Supporter

Why limit it to just the Republicans?

The Democrats should DIAFF too. They are just as slimy. And they alienate 50% of the population by getting all up in their shit, too.

They should, but my original premise for rebranding the GOP was them losing the presidency a third straight time. I highly doubt the dems would see a need to rebrand if they won the presidency again.

In a perfect world we wouldn't be stuck with a 2 party system. You could have the green party rep from San Francisco, and the conservative Christian party rep from Buttscrew, Alabama
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,024
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Everyone should DIAFF.

#AllLivesMatter

Such global warming, J.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,915
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Could this thread be any more old white and rich?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Could this thread be any more old white and rich?

Paging @Duckfan1
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2015
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I get paid to sit on the shitter and type on this site and I live on Mercer island on the lake as a result. Why the fuck are you here?
    #myisland
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#myisland
    @allpurpleallgold!!! true???

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,618
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Everyone should DIAFF.

#AllLivesMatter

Such global warming, J.
    Disagree. I'm hoping for nuclear holocaust or a strain of drug-resistant super bacteria.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,024
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Everyone should DIAFF.

#AllLivesMatter

Such global warming, J.
    Disagree. I'm hoping for nuclear holocaust or a strain of drug-resistant super bacteria.
    Abundance!
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#myisland

He might live there. Lot of asshole live on Mercer Island. But he ain't no Islander and he'll never be one.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,882
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#myisland

He might live there. Lot of asshole live on Mercer Island. But he ain't no Islander and he'll never be one.
    Understated. Cannot. Be.