Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tesla Is Hemorrhaging Money Despite Millions In Gov’t Subsidies

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
DAILY CALLER
Liberal entrepreneur Elon Musk’s business ventures have benefited from nearly $5 billion in government subsidies in the past few years, but apparently that’s not enough taxpayer support to stop his electric car business from losing $4,000 on every vehicle it sells.
"If you like your $5 Billion in government subsidies, you can keep your $5 Billion in government subsidies." Barrack O'Bubba

dailycaller.com/2015/08/10/tesla-is-hemorrhaging-money-despite-millions-in-govt-subsidies/

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Everybody know that Parker
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I want one. Keep hemorrhaging, please. I'll happilly take it on the secondary market.

For fellow gearheads out there.... the Tesla S is a helluva vehicle and unique driving experience.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    MisterEm said:

I want one. Keep hemorrhaging, please. I'll happilly take it on the secondary market.

For fellow gearheads out there.... the Tesla S is a helluva vehicle and unique driving experience.

You're welcome. I am glad to subsidize it for you. It was worth it cutting military retirement pay so you could get one.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    d2d said:

MisterEm said:

You're welcome. I am glad to subsidize it for you. It was worth it cutting military retirement pay so you could get one.
    You didn't earn that money, what's the big deal?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Im sure this will get flagged. But the government probably should subsidize more technology like tesla's, and not old established tech like solar and wind...let alone Oil &Gas.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    d2d said:

MisterEm said:

We need a smaller government, so let's stop investing in technology that benefits the future and let's fund the hell out of the military. Because you are drawing retirement for your battlefield commission and 17 people hearts.

How are your different from those welfare recipients again?
  • Options
    Hondo equating military service to welfare handouts.

#dumbfuck
  • Options

Hondo equating military service to welfare handouts.

#dumbfuck

In d2d's case, there is no difference.

HTH
    You are stating the obvious. Sark doesn't get it. Again.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

The model S P85D is stunning. Still, it should stand on it's own.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

MisterEm said:

The model S P85D is stunning. Still, it should stand on it's own.
    Agreed on both accounts.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    d2d said:

MisterEm said:

Your employer subsidizes you, you worthless cunt.

You sit on your ass all day browsing the internet for bullshit while you should be doing something productive. You're just a high-priced welfare queen, you worthless motherfucker.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    dflea said:

d2d said:

MisterEm said:

Your employer subsidizes you, you worthless cunt.

You sit on your ass all day browsing the internet for bullshit while you should be doing something productive. You're just a high-priced welfare queen, you worthless motherfucker.
    d2d is employed?

News to me.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,334
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

MisterEm said:

We need a smaller government, so let's stop investing in technology that benefits the future and let's fund the hell out of the military. Because you are drawing retirement for your battlefield commission and 17 people hearts.

The military drives future technology in many realms; science, medicine, technology.
  • Options
    so hondo... now you're in favor of the government rescinding earned military pensions???
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

MisterEm said:

The military drives future technology in many realms; science, medicine, technology.

Considering the source, not sure if this is supposed to be a whoosh or not, but it's very true. It could be argued that spending on defense (and aerospace as a subset) has resulted in the development of whole economies. Among many other things, the development of computers and computer networks, and the technologies they have spawned, can be traced back to such.
  • Options

so hondo... now you're in favor of the government rescinding earned military pensions???

You clearly don't get it.