Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Any Pac-12 coaches on the hot seat?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I find it hard to believe teams in the Pac 12 are too broke to fire a coach. Maybe Leach at WSU, but that's it.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I find it hard to believe teams in the Pac 12 are too broke to fire a coach. Maybe Leach at WSU, but that's it.

Utah can't pay their coaches competitive salaries. Cal has little money, and the money they do have is going straight to their stadium debt.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheGlove said:

Helfrich*

* I get all my new from Hardcore Husky.

You joke, but if they were to lose 3 games they would absolutely lose their shit down there in Eugene
    They lose their shit every year when they come up a dollar short as their remarkable run of success that accomplishes nothing slowly but inevitably approaches Larry Coker territory.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    wobidbus said:

TheGlove said:

Helfrich*

* I get all my new from Hardcore Husky.

You joke, but if they were to lose 3 games they would absolutely lose their shit down there in Eugene
    They lose their shit every year when they come up a dollar short as their remarkable run of success that accomplishes nothing slowly but inevitably approaches Larry Coker territory.
    What a tweaker. ..LEAVE! !!1!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Utah can't pay their coaches competitive salaries. Cal has little money, and the money they do have is going straight to their stadium default.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,593
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I know this is a football bored, but can we add Romar anyway?

People forget that it took Wooden 14 years to win a natty at UCLA.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,011
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Cal - Probably can't afford to fire Dykes.
    Stanford - Nope.
    OSU - Nope.
    RapeU - Nope.
    WSU - Can't afford to fire Leach.
    UW - Nope.

USC - No hot seat yet (see: Haden, Pat) after Alabama 2016 his seat will be on fire.
    UCLA - Nope.
    Utah - if they struggle Whittingham will be on the hot seat.
    Colorado - Don't know if they really care.
    UA - Nope.
    ASU - Nope.

I'm seeing a situation where USC gets clobbered by 'Bama (ILTCTBIWILTD) and bounces back by the end of the season. 'Bama then loses in the SEC title game, doesn't give a fuck and plays USC in a bowl game in which USC wins in dominating fashion leading Trooj faithful to believe Sark "figured it out".

Or in less TLDR fashion, Sark 2010 replays itself in 2016.
    "You can't flag a moderator's post, even when the dumbass thinks Sark will survive the flight home after the Bama game."
    I didn't say it would happen, I said it could happen. Some of you need to learn the difference and stop twisting.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Cal's Football Stadium renovation is a major financial problem. Even the Wall Street Journal has done some pieces on it. They are the real #stadiumdefault.

To wit: They renamed their field "Kabam", they almost had to drop baseball, they lost key assistants to Kansas because of $. Cal is broke as a joke. Broons are slightly worried it could effect our athletics in some way if the UC gets involved dealing with Cal's financial mess.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,593
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cal's Football Stadium renovation is a major financial problem. Even the Wall Street Journal has done some pieces on it. They are the real #stadiumdefault.

To wit: They renamed their field "Kabam", they almost had to drop baseball, they lost key assistants to Kansas because of $. Cal is broke as a joke. Broons are slightly worried it could effect our athletics in some way if the UC gets involved dealing with Cal's financial mess.
    That sucks. Cal was one of ISIS' top recruiters.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment

The best part of all of this is somehow Sandy Barbour managed to convince Penn State to hire her instead of getting shit canned for such a disaster.
  • Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2015

To wit: They renamed their field "Kabam", they almost had to drop baseball, they lost key assistants to Kansas because of $. Cal is broke as a joke.

Moos needs to reach out to these folks about a similar naming rights deal for their field:

kaboom.org/about_kaboom/staff
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Coker won a ship buddy. Find a better example.

oh and LEAVE!

Frank Solich. Coker was still shitty even if he won a title and I didn't do my homework.