Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USA USA USA

PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
We beat France 82-0!!! WOOF!!

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    I saw Atoe and Criste are starting for the USA
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    USA takes the gold over Japan. 59-12.

#woof
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    um... Because no one would hire you?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    Japan had a line full of sumo wrestlers and still couldn't get past Atoe.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

You really shouldn't root for America to beat other countries. It promotes xenophobia. Try cheering for all those that competed. Everyone's a winner when they try their hardest.

Todd Turner, is that you?

Turner, somewhat defiant in his remarks to reporters in a conference call (after getting fired at UW), said he would never say that winning is not important, “but the message that our students hear, that our coaches hear, that our leadership hears from the general run-of-the-mill fan is that ‘The only thing we really care about is how many games they win.’

“And I have to look at that after 32 years of doing this and say, ‘Wow, is that really what we are all about? Have I been that naive all this period of time? I have been spending all my time on the student-athlete experience and trying to create better lives for people and the proper place in higher education when all I should have been worrying about is how many games we’ve won.’ Why didn’t I go to the NFL if that’s all it’s about?”
    Last 12 years of Husky Football in a nutshell
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam

You really shouldn't root for America to beat other countries. It promotes xenophobia. Try cheering for all those that competed. Everyone's a winner when they try their hardest.

Todd Turner, is that you?

Turner, somewhat defiant in his remarks to reporters in a conference call (after getting fired at UW), said he would never say that winning is not important, “but the message that our students hear, that our coaches hear, that our leadership hears from the general run-of-the-mill fan is that ‘The only thing we really care about is how many games they win.’

“And I have to look at that after 32 years of doing this and say, ‘Wow, is that really what we are all about? Have I been that naive all this period of time? I have been spending all my time on the student-athlete experience and trying to create better lives for people and the proper place in higher education when all I should have been worrying about is how many games we’ve won.’ Why didn’t I go to the NFL if that’s all it’s about?”
    Last 12 years of Husky Football in a nutshell
    Disagree. At least we are somewhat competitive and making bowl games every year. We still suck, but we are a million times better than 2002-2009.

Fuck off