Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bleenor says Mark Few is a racist, made Romar cry with his racism

After unsubstantiated claims by a random poster of the Gonzaga coach's preference for wearing white sheets and burning lower-case T's, Bill confirmed (in the Ahmad Rosie thread on dawgman) that Mark Few is indeed a raysist. Of course Bill "can't post anything here" but he did mention that Few's bullying left Romar in tears following UW's last win over Gonzaga. Apparently you can "ask Paul Fortier" if you want details.

Someone really should tell NWG about this. We wouldn't want him to accidentally get stuck playing for a racist.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,944
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fleenor is full of shit as usual.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

After unsubstantiated claims by a random poster of the Gonzaga coach's preference for wearing white sheets and burning lower-case T's, Bill confirmed (in the Ahmad Rosie thread on dawgman) that Mark Few is indeed a raysist. Of course Bill "can't post anything here" but he did mention that Few's bullying left Romar in tears following UW's last win over Gonzaga. Apparently you can "ask Paul Fortier" if you want details.

Someone really should tell NWG about this. We wouldn't want him to accidentally get stuck playing for a racist.

You misspelled *only*
  • Options
    GolfNewsGolfNews Member Posts: 22
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    When you are such a heavy investor in Dish Network like I am, you can pick and choose whether you invest more into the UW Athletic Dept or put more of your money into Dish for greater profits for later. It's a win-win either way.

If you don't think that Few is what he is, then tell me who the last African American difference making player Few has had not named Gary Bell?

BRB, golf course calling.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,133
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GolfNews said:

When you are such a heavy investor in Dish Network like I am, you can pick and choose whether you invest more into the UW Athletic Dept or put more of your money into Dish for greater profits for later. It's a win-win either way.

If you don't think that Few is what he is, then tell me who the last African American difference making player Few has had not named Gary Bell?

Wait, when was Gary Bell a difference maker? Never quite got the hype. Stocktons kid had bigger impact on games.
  • Options
    GolfNewsGolfNews Member Posts: 22
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

GolfNews said:

Wait, when was Gary Bell a difference maker? Never quite got the hype. Stocktons kid had bigger impact on games.
    Thank you for proving my point
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

GolfNews said:

Gary Bell wasn't great, but he was a 4 year starter. Stockton got 15-20 minutes off the bench.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But he was white, so he gets bonus points.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

GolfNews said:

Gary Bell wasn't great, but he was a 4 year starter. Stockton got 15-20 minutes off the bench.
    Stockton was a starter for the last couple of years
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

GolfNews said:

Stockton was a starter for the last couple of years
    For a little bit his senior year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    David Stockton was a walk on who is now playing for the Sacramento Kings. Gary Bell was 4 star SG who will be playing in Europe (don't get me wrong, its still good $$). Clearly Mark Few isn't developing his 4 star players.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015

David Stockton was a walk on who is now playing for the Sacramento Kings. Gary Bell was 4 star SG who will be playing in Europe (don't get me wrong, its still good $$). Clearly Mark Few isn't developing his 4 star players.

You're playing checkers. David Stockton has played 3 games in the NBA. He seems to have gotten a lot better recently, but Gary Bell was a much better player at Gonzaga. So was Pangos. If Pangos never plays in the NBA does it mean Stockton is better? Justin Dentmon played in the NBA so that means he was better than Tre Simmons? Whether they are a 5 star or a walk on is irrelevant. Bell was better by any measure.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,152

GolfNews said:

Wesley, Turiaf, Knight, Pargo, Dower.

• Options
    Wesley was a transfer into the program for the final year of eligibility chasing a chance at a championship.

Turiaf is probably one of the better players to come out of Gonzaga ... important to also point out that he was a foreign born player ... an area where they have done well with.

Knight was a transfer from UW and no better than a role player.

Pargo was an ok player ... not quite as good as Pangos in my mind.

I always thought Dower could have been better than he turned out to be.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,152
    I didn't say Few highlighted his blacks.

Austin Daye was another zagro player.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You're playing checkers. David Stockton has played 3 games in the NBA. He seems to have gotten a lot better recently, but Gary Bell was a much better player at Gonzaga. So was Pangos. If Pangos never plays in the NBA does it mean Stockton is better? Justin Dentmon played in the NBA so that means he was better than Tre Simmons? Whether they are a 5 star or a walk on is irrelevant. Bell was better by any measure.

Dentmon might be one of the more underrated players of the Romar era. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Tre if I had to choose. But watching the games I did of the _ags, which in honesty was very little, Stockton had more impact on games than Bell ever did. From a defensive, effort, and leadership perspective Stockton did much more with less (i.e. Kingma v. Johnson). Bell is a very poor mans CJ Wilcox. Stockton by all accounts is a poor mans Pangos, and honestly the fact he made the kings roster is probably more to name than anything. But here's their stats from the last year they played together. One could easily argue Stockton had the better numbers overall.

Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
    Gary Bell Jr. 30 28.6 11.0 2.9 1.7 1.0 0.0 1.0 .476 .786 .427
    David Stockton 36 27.8 7.4 2.4 4.2 1.5 0.2 2.0 .434 .756 .232

Player MIN FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA PTS OFFR DEFR REB AST TO STL BLK
    Gary Bell Jr. 858 110 231 55 70 56 131 331 17 71 88 50 31 29 1
    David Stockton 1001 92 212 68 90 16 69 268 9 77 86 152 73 55 6

• Options
    voted down for the eye sore