Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

After Miley's Official Retirement...

2»

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It hurts so good.

I'll try to make it to some fall ball practices but man, it sure sounds like the job is there for Magna Carta's or Tony Montana's taking.

After all, CP and co did recruit Magna while they were at BSU but Magna committed very early to Vandy. They obviously recruited Tony too while Lindquist was the previous staff's guy.

Adding that to the fact that Wild Swede couldn't beat out Miley last year and Troy Williams got the start against ASU when Miley was out, there are at least some indications that Wild Swede won't be the starter....and if he is, it probably won't be for long.

A friend of mine is very close to our former coffee cup giving DL coach. They might even be related by now. Before the Hawaii game last year, he asked said DL coach what he thought about Lindquist starting. He laughed and said UW would be lucky to win 4 games if Lindquist was the starter. He said Miles wasn't all that much better. He thought UW had a pretty good team, but no QB. I kind of brushed it off as sour grapes since he wasn't retained by Petersen, but he ended up being spot on.

With Lindquist you have a guy who was behind Miles for three years who fluctuated between 2nd and 3rd string last year. He's not good and he never will be. I'm concerned that he is the considered the leader for the job. And we haven't even gotten to Babushka and the offensive design. Or the OL. And unless the RB's and WR's are much improved and/or Gaskin is the next Bishop Sankey, our offensive skill guys aren't good either. It's fucking dire. Normally I can find some things to be overly optimistic and hopeful about. Not this year.

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2015
    RS-JR Wild Swede
    Lindy by default, magna takes over by Pac 12 play
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RS-JR Wild Swede
    I'm only against magna because after watching Browning I truly believe he is the future. Anything that might distract Pete from that reality is worrisome.

Browning is fucking good people. Fuck @Dennis_DeYoung or anyone else who says otherwise.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    GuadalajaraGringoGuadalajaraGringo Member Posts: 7
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    RS-JR Wild Swede

Looks like #lovewins. Again.

I might change my photo to a rainbow so everyone here how progressive I am.

*knows
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If he's the best man for the job in 2015, I'm all for it.

But with the staff bringing in a JC QB, that makes me think they brought in a 3rd QB as a buffer to let Browning redshirt in 2015.

Again though, he could easily prove to be the best man for the job in fall ball and he did participate in Spring Ball so that helps him. He's listed at 6'2" 205 lbs so maybe he puts on another 5-10 pounds of good weight to handle the rigors of Pac-12 ball.

But has Petersen, as an OC or HC, ever played a true frosh at QB?
    Doogles said:

I'm only against magna because after watching Browning I truly believe he is the future. Anything that might distract Pete from that reality is worrisome.

Browning is fucking good people. Fuck @Dennis_DeYoung or anyone else who says otherwise.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HFNY said:

...It's amazing how many guys the previous staff whiffed on for the 2012 class:
    https://rivals.yahoo.com/washington/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2971/0

3 out of 15 is pretty damn good!
    At least they were the right three. Lindy, Dean and Edrenkamp are ballers!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

HFNY said:

...It's amazing how many guys the previous staff whiffed on for the 2012 class:
    https://rivals.yahoo.com/washington/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2971/0

3 out of 15 is pretty damn good!
    At least they were the right three. Lindy, Dean and Edrenkamp are ballers!
    And they all BLEED PURPLE!!!!