Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Game 5 Prediction / Offical Game Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It's funny how all the great championship NBA coaches have all time great players.

Then you have the tier of guys who stayed employed a long time, won around 50 games a year, made the playoffs but never won it all. George Karl, Don Nelson types. Is Karl a better coach than Spoelstra? I would think he is.

Spoelstra is the one that got Lebron to play in the post. That single coaching move is better than everything George Karl ever did.
    It's not like it took a genius to have Lebron play in the post. It was just a matter of time. Even Romar would have eventually done it if he had coached Lebron.
    Anyone with half a brain could see Lebron needed to be in the post. It was getting the best player in the world to do something that he didn't want to do that was the accomplishment. Romar can't control college kids, he wasn't going to get Lebron to do it. Get fucking real.
    Maybe not Romar. But like I said above, any coach with half a brain would have eventually tried to move Lebron to the post.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

It's funny how all the great championship NBA coaches have all time great players.

Then you have the tier of guys who stayed employed a long time, won around 50 games a year, made the playoffs but never won it all. George Karl, Don Nelson types. Is Karl a better coach than Spoelstra? I would think he is.

Spoelstra is the one that got Lebron to play in the post. That single coaching move is better than everything George Karl ever did.
    It's not like it took a genius to have Lebron play in the post. It was just a matter of time. Even Romar would have eventually done it if he had coached Lebron.
    Anyone with half a brain could see Lebron needed to be in the post. It was getting the best player in the world to do something that he didn't want to do that was the accomplishment. Romar can't control college kids, he wasn't going to get Lebron to do it. Get fucking real.
    Maybe not Romar. But like I said above, any coach with half a brain would have eventually moved Lebron to the post.
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious, needle dick.
  • Options
    NeedleInTheSky88NeedleInTheSky88 Member Posts: 96
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Maybe not Romar. But like I said above, any coach with half a brain would have eventually moved Lebron to the post.
    Stay classy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Bringing Romar into a conversation about whether or not coaching matters proves that coaching matters.
  • Options

Stay classy.
    I can't help it, I'm not from Nebraska...
  • Options
    NeedleInTheSky88NeedleInTheSky88 Member Posts: 96
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

Bringing Romar into a conversation about whether or not coaching matters proves that coaching matters.

Remember when the TWolves were seriously thinking of hiring LoRo a couple years ago? Best decision that franchise has ever made.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

Remember when the TWolves were seriously thinking of hiring LoRo a couple years ago? Best decision that franchise has ever made.
    That's a low bar.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kerr has such a ridiculous amount of depth to turn to, and he only needs to "adjust" around one fucking player.

Then he went to David Lee and said, "Hey, this is a championship team so you and a bunch other guys are going to sit the fucking bench with a smile on your face."

Masterful work.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Romar would have done fine with the TWolves. They sucked anyway. Maybe Romar would have sucked more and gotten them a better draft pick or two.

Actually smart decisions by the TWolves :

1. Drafting KG at a time high school players weren't all the rage.

2. Wiggins for Love

That's all I can think of. Their worst decision I can think of is the Joe Smith fiasco. Trading Marbury. The return from Boston in the KG trade. The whole era was a shit show. It's amazing McHale still has a job in the NBA.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Stay classy.
    Whooooooshhhh
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I know you're being sarcasmic but trading Kevin Love to LeBron for Andrew Wiggins was the best decision that franchise has ever made.

Do we all agree at this point that Love is an overrated POS?
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I know you're being sarcasmic but trading Kevin Love to LeBron for Andrew Wiggins was the best decision that franchise has ever made.

Not really, I hated him at UCLA but I think he's just a bad fit in Cleveland. I think he'd be a really good #2 on the right team.

Wiggins might be good enough to win a title as a #1 one day. He's definitely going to be good enough to win a title as a #2. BronBron blew that one.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Not really, I hated him at UCLA but I think he's just a bad fit in Cleveland. I think he'd be a really good #2 on the right team.

Wiggins might be good enough to win a title as a #1 one day. He's definitely going to be good enough to win a title as a #2. BronBron blew that one.
    Love couldn't do shit as a #1 and got benched in the fourth quarter in Cleveland.

He's a statwhore.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Love couldn't do shit as a #1 and got benched in the fourth quarter in Cleveland.

He's a statwhore.
    Maybe you're right. One of his two dads does bleed grellow, after all.
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Probably a little overrated, and definitely wasn't a good fit with Lebron. And Lebron allegedly pushed for that trade too. So LBJ just flushed the ROY for not much in return.

Lebrons a great player but he's gonna make MJ look like Jerry West if he ever becomes a GM.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2015
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

LeBron fucked that up, but I also understand why he wanted Love instead. It was arguably dynasty changing. LeBron, Irving, Wiggins, and Thompson could be a great core for many years.

LeBron will probably win a title in Cleveland, but Wiggins would have been perfect for the Cavs. Even right now he would make a big difference in this series. He's going to be really good. I bet he takes a big leap in year two.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Love's numbers in Cleveland look just like Bosh's in Miami. Bosh was a better defender but Love a better rebounder and shooter.

He's not overrated. He's just not as good as Lebron and Irving.

It is funny that some people are calling Love a good stats bad team guy and sucking off Wiggins in the same breath.

I think Love is back in Cleveland next year. He'll do the same deal Lebron does. One year with a player option on the second. Then sign a max deal with the Lakers next year when the cap sky rockets. Unless LA does something dumb like give Rondo 10+ million a year before then.

And the guy that would be perfect for Cleveland right now is Kevin Love.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Love's numbers in Cleveland look just like Bosh's in Miami. Bosh was a better defender but Love a better rebounder and shooter.

He's not overrated. He's just not as good as Lebron and Irving.

It is funny that some people are calling Love a good stats bad team guy and sucking off Wiggins in the same breath.

I think Love is back in Cleveland next year. He'll do the same deal Lebron does. One year with a player option on the second. Then sign a max deal with the Lakers next year when the cap sky rockets. Unless LA does something dumb like give Rondo 10+ million a year before then.

And the guy that would be perfect for Cleveland right now is Kevin Love.

Wiggins was a 19 year old rookie putting up good numbers. That's rare. It's a FS point to compare him to Love as being stat guys on shitty teams.

The Cavs obviously miss Love. He's good. Nobody disputes that. However, Shumpert is starting at the 2 for the Cavs. Wiggins is already much better than either Shumpert or JR Smith.