Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Meanwhile, in the Land of CollegeDoog

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
edited September 2013 in Tug Tavern
http://middleburycampus.com/article/911-memorial-uprooted-in-protest/

Bashing on people for being over emotional about 9/11 is fine, but if you grossly disrespect the innocents who died for bullshit, faggy, fucktarded reasons you deserve a gallon of kerosene and a match.

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    So it's cool to disrespect one retarded belief, Indian burial ground, but not another retarded belief, that those flags mean anything?

Fuck everyone that died on 9/11. Is that disrespectful enough?
  • Options

So it's cool to disrespect one retarded belief, Indian burial ground, but not another retarded belief, that those flags mean anything?

I'd argue that the symbolism is significant as a day of remembrance. The flags are a relatively quiet gesture.

Now you're just being hurtful.
  • Options

I'd argue that the symbolism is significant as a day of remembrance. The flags are a relatively quiet gesture.

The symbolism is an empty gesture meant to make those doing it feel good about themselves. I would argue that using the victims of 9/11 as pawns in an attempt to feed your own ego is the douchiest thing you can do.

It's alright, I can say that. My uncle died on 9/11.
  • Options

The symbolism is an empty gesture meant to make those doing it feel good about themselves. I would argue that using the victims of 9/11 as pawns in an attempt to feed your own ego is the douchiest thing you can do.

Well, that's about the most cynical thing I've ever read. Partially true, however.

It's still more tasteful then tweeting #NeverForget or wearing an American flag shirt around.

9/11 is Memorial Day's retarded cousin, just because of all the idiots who do use it as a pawn.

But classifying any sort of remembrance as empty and douchey is myopic.

• Options
    dnc said:

It's douchetastic to destroy someone's work to make a statement. If the College Sundodgers had taken down some memorium to the Indian Burial Ground to erect their flags, then you'd have a point. They didn't do that though (at least that hasn't been reported). They simply put the flags up at a particular place, with approval. Which the college know it all hippies subsequently destroyed.

While the motives of the flagraisers may or may not have been douchetastic, the actions of the protesters clearly were.

The lesson, as always: fuck hippies.

Destroy someone's work? We're talking about miniature flags in the ground, not the Sixteenth Chapel.

Whose approval? The dead Indians? I'm sure they'd be pumped to know that the flag of the nation that destroyed their people was on top of their graves.
  • Options

Which plane was he a hijacker on?
    Flight 93. He was always the screw up in the family.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

It's douchetastic to destroy someone's work to make a statement. If the College Sundodgers had taken down some memorium to the Indian Burial Ground to erect their flags, then you'd have a point. They didn't do that though (at least that hasn't been reported). They simply put the flags up at a particular place, with approval. Which the college know it all hippies subsequently destroyed.

While the motives of the flagraisers may or may not have been douchetastic, the actions of the protesters clearly were.

Destroy someone's work? We're talking about miniature flags in the ground, not the Sixteenth Chapel.

Whose approval? The dead Indians? I'm sure they'd be pumped to know that the flag of the nation that destroyed their people was on top of their graves.
    Dude. Set up 2,977 miniature flags then pop off.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

The other 15 chapels aren't important now? Racist!
  • Options
    PhilBleenorPhilBleenor Member Posts: 54
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Which plane was he a hijacker on?
    Flight 93. He was always the screw up in the family.
    I was on Flight 93. Helped save the plane