Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Klay Thompson Is Out Indefinitely After Finally Being Diagnosed With A Concussion

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2015
    I'm hearing the Warriors have sabotaged the AC to compensate for the loss of Klay...

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know shit about the nba, but gs seems to have a Oregon/Vancouver Canucks quality to them. Without Thompson, I like Cleveland and their collection of fucking ballers and the physicality they acquired/developed throughout the year.

Gs has games where they shoot poorly and stop caring, minus the New Orleans game. Can't do that shit in the finals against Lebrun trying to bring hardware to his home state.

Gs has been nothing but impressive in a tougher conference, but I think they'll choke.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    haie said:

I don't know shit about the nba, but gs seems to have a Oregon/Vancouver Canucks quality to them. Without Thompson, I like Cleveland and their collection of fucking ballers and the physicality they acquired/developed throughout the year.

Gs has games where they shoot poorly and stop caring, minus the New Orleans game. Can't do that shit in the finals against Lebrun trying to bring hardware to his home state.

Gs has been nothing but impressive in a tougher conference, but I think they'll choke.

Yeah, you can't count on Lebron quitting and giving up. He never does that...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Klay is going to be fine. He has a week to recover from the concussion and this is the NBA. It's not the NFL. The sports media needs stories and Thompson's concussion is one, but his coach already said he expects him to play.

Cleveland is just as reliant on three's as Golden State. LeBron is the only guy on either team that consistently does damage in the post. Thompson and Mozgov are garbage points guys. Rebounds, put back, and rolls to the rim. Smith, Shumpert, and Irving are all shooters.

This isn't the typical jump shooting team. Curry is the best shooter of all time and does it spotting up, coming off screens, and off the dribble. LeBron was right when he said that Curry can't be stopped. Klay Thompson hit threes at a higher percentage than Reggie Miller ever did, and he attempted more.

If Golden State does go cold, they can grind it out. Bogut, Green, Barnes, Thompson, and Igudola are all good to great defenders. Curry isn't the best defender, but he's active and gets a lot of steals.

Golden State has everything except for a low post scorer, and honestly the game has changed and the fact that the four teams in the conference finals were all in the top 5 in 3's made shredded the argument that jump shooting teams can't win when it counts. The game has changed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Klay is going to be fine. He has a week to recover from the concussion and this is the NBA. It's not the NFL. The sports media needs stories and Thompson's concussion is one, but his coach already said he expects him to play.

Cleveland is just as reliant on three's as Golden State. LeBron is the only guy on either team that consistently does damage in the post. Thompson and Mozgov are garbage points guys. Rebounds, put back, and rolls to the rim. Smith, Shumpert, and Irving are all shooters.

This isn't the typical jump shooting team. Curry is the best shooter of all time and does it spotting up, coming off screens, and off the dribble. LeBron was right when he said that Curry can't be stopped. Klay Thompson hit threes at a higher percentage than Reggie Miller ever did, and he attempted more.

If Golden State does go cold, they can grind it out. Bogut, Green, Barnes, Thompson, and Igudola are all good to great defenders. Curry isn't the best defender, but he's active and gets a lot of steals.

Golden State has everything except for a low post scorer, and honestly the game has changed and the fact that the four teams in the conference finals were all in the top 5 in 3's made shredded the argument that jump shooting teams can't win when it counts. The game has changed.
    Fair points. They're certainly the better team on paper, and I agree Curry is a special player. I think Cleveland steps it up and shows a level of physicality that wears GS down over a 6 or 7 game series. GS has 1 or 2 bad shooting nights as a team that keeps them in the series early on.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking bump you faggots.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking bump you faggots.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493