Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WTF? Emmert drops hammer on scheduling patsies.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
Deadspin is reporting:
The NCAA is finally setting actual standards for its members, declaring “countable opponents” must be real colleges and not pseudo-schools masquerading as real colleges in order to earn game checks for showing up and getting blown out.

The new NCAA rules for countable opponents require teams to represent regionally-accredited colleges or, alternatively, be members of the NAIA or NCCAA. That knocks dozens of former and future NCAA Division I opponents off the list; we counted fourteen Division I men’s basketball games last season that featured schools specifically banned by the new NCAA rule, and another eight that starred colleges of questionable repute under the new rules...
This, from the same guy who forfeited one of UW's proudest traditions to schedule EWU and Portland State. I fucking hate this man.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam
    I have emailed them two or three times on how to even out the OOC scheduling process. It's not difficult and would take about five minutes of prep work.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Fenwick said:

Do any of you truthfully believe Emmert has ever cared about anything but himself? Someone should drop a hammer on his balls.

I'm pretty sure that's how Woody got promoted ...
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I wonder if "former" imperils Gil Dobie's record. I mean, how many battleship teams are included in his 58-0-1 record. Even the Ballard Meteors!
    flagged for disparaging remarks against EWU, because the huskys have not dominated that series at all, surrendering 50 points in one game, and being schooled in fundamentals in the first matchup. Although credit the purple squad with finding ways to win.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

flagged for disparaging remarks against EWU, because the huskys have not dominated that series at all, surrendering 50 points in one game, and being schooled in fundamentals in the first matchup. Although credit the purple squad with finding ways to win.

I hate that I missed this.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    Promotion/relegation or gtfo
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    <<reading room chandelier--->>fiery death>>
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,004 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Deadspin is reporting:

The NCAA is finally setting actual standards for its members, declaring “countable opponents” must be real colleges and not pseudo-schools masquerading as real colleges in order to earn game checks for showing up and getting blown out.

The new NCAA rules for countable opponents require teams to represent regionally-accredited colleges or, alternatively, be members of the NAIA or NCCAA. That knocks dozens of former and future NCAA Division I opponents off the list; we counted fourteen Division I men’s basketball games last season that featured schools specifically banned by the new NCAA rule, and another eight that starred colleges of questionable repute under the new rules...
    This, from the same guy who forfeited one of UW's proudest traditions to schedule EWU and Portland State. I fucking hate this man.

Ah yes, the Football President.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

God you are a fucking retard for championing the "EW barely lost to UW!" bullshit. For a championship program that sure seems like a loser mentality.

That game was perfectly set up for Eastern to make it competitive, and wow they came back from 21 points down and scored essentially a garbage-time touchdown at the end. Whoop de fucking doo.
    haie said:

God you are a fucking retard for championing the "EW barely lost to UW!" bullshit. For a championship program that sure seems like a loser mentality.

That game was perfectly set up for Eastern to make it competitive, and wow they came back from 21 points down and scored essentially a garbage-time touchdown at the end. Whoop de fucking doo.
    Revisionist
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    haie said:

Haie's r, yk

• SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    Why is he holding his glasses in his portrait?

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Fenwick said:

Do any of you truthfully believe Emmert has ever cared about anything but himself? Someone should drop a hammer on his balls.

Good idea but he wouldn't feel anything...
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 762
    What a creepy portrait.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    no_uh said:

What a creepy portrait person.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Revisionist
    I was about 10 feet away from the field, in the exact corner/side where Eastern's last drive happened. But please, don't let me piss on Eastern's dominance over Kevin King and Travell Dixon.
    haie said:

haie said:

Revisionist
    I was about 10 feet away from the field, in the exact corner/side where Eastern's last drive happened. But please, don't let me piss on Eastern's dominance over Kevin King and Travell Dixon.
    Eastern was firmly in that second game, my recollection is leading at least once, possibly twice.