Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fernando Rodney

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    But how are the Mariners a #FuckingDreckfest?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I support Fernando Rodney.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He used to good. Bobby Ayala can't say that
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    in 6 of the last 7 games on this losing streak we have had as many or more hits than the opposing team..... we just keep leaving guys stranded on base,

with jackson on third base and down 1-0 with zero outs why the fukk was everyone trying to smash the ball instead of just make light contact?

That being said Rodneys time is done

Carson has pitched in 24 innings, rodney 23.1

I had a long list of stats to type out, but rodney has given up an EARNED RUN in 11/24 games, Smith has given up a HIT OR WALK in 12/25 games

so in one more game and 2/3 of an inning, Smith has allowed 1 more baserunner total than Rodney has given up runs (starting each inning with no runners on base)

The mariners aren't in a position to blow games with rodney a few more times before finally making the obvious choice.

• Options
    Rodney reminds me of Heathcliff Slocumb.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Here's some mariners trivia. Going all the way back to Mike Schooler, name a mariners closer who had 2 good seasons in a row.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    d2d said:

I specifically asked for no racist shit.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Kaz Man

Beat me to it. Kaz was good for three straight seasons.
  • Options
    dnc said:

d2d said:

I specifically asked for no racist shit.
    *crap

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Management kept Heathcliff Slocumb for two years hoping he would do anything to prove that they aren't fucking idiots for giving up an All-Star starting pitcher, plus a future HOF .300+ switch hitting catcher 10 year team captain of the BoSox. That management has never changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxzvbfou2yc
  • Options
    d2d said:

Management kept Heathcliff Slocumb for two years hoping he would do anything to prove that they aren't fucking idiots for giving up an All-Star starting pitcher, plus a future HOF .300+ switch hitting catcher 10 year team captain of the BoSox. That management has never changed.

Actually it was a year and two months, and you're nuts if you think at that poont they had any clue how good Lowe and Varitek would be. They gave them up precisely because they were terrible evaluators of talent, as always.

Woodward gonna Woodward, Bavasi gonna Bavasi, Z gonna Z, etc.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    Standard Supporter
    Howard Lincoln is 75 years old. At what point does he hang it up? Unless the M's make the playoffs, one has to think JZ will be a goner (probably Lloyd too since a new GM will want to hire his own guy).

Lincoln kind of reminds me of Jerry Jones, who thought HE was the reason behind Dallas' success in the early / mid 90's for Dallas rather than Jimmy Johnson. Well JJ got sick of it, left Big D, and the Cowboys soon started to decline after Barry Switzer's first two seasons as coach.

If Lincoln doesn't retire, couldn't he make the effort call his buddy Pat Gillick and ask him who he thinks he should hire as GM? Since he's at an age when most people are retired, the least Lincoln could do is hire a strong GM who could position the team for success as Lincoln continues to age towards his eventual retirement.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Howard Lincoln is 75 years old. At what point does he hang it up? Unless the M's make the playoffs, one has to think JZ will be a goner (probably Lloyd too since a new GM will want to hire his own guy).

Lincoln kind of reminds me of Jerry Jones, who thought HE was the reason behind Dallas' success in the early / mid 90's for Dallas rather than Jimmy Johnson. Well JJ got sick of it, left Big D, and the Cowboys soon started to decline after Barry Switzer's first two seasons as coach.

If Lincoln doesn't retire, couldn't he make the effort call his buddy Pat Gillick and ask him who he thinks he should hire as GM? Since he's at an age when most people are retired, the least Lincoln could do is hire a strong GM who could position the team for success as Lincoln continues to age towards his eventual retirement.

Flagged for implying that the Mariners have ever been successful.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Mariners had a 5-8 year period where they were successful, but underperformed relative to their talent level ... had the Yankees had the kind of talent level that the Mariners had at that point they'd be talking about 4-6 World Titles at minimum.

Until Lincoln, Armstrong, and the rest of the losers in management at the ownership level sell the team, this franchise will unquestionably suck. Even if/when they sell, it will all depend on who they sell it to. A Mark Cuban type and they have a shot. One of their buddies currently in the ownership group? No chance.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

The Mariners had a 5-8 year period where they were successful, but underperformed relative to their talent level ... had the Yankees had the kind of talent level that the Mariners had at that point they'd be talking about 4-6 World Titles at minimum.

Until Lincoln, Armstrong, and the rest of the losers in management at the ownership level sell the team, this franchise will unquestionably suck. Even if/when they sell, it will all depend on who they sell it to. A Mark Cuban type and they have a shot. One of their buddies currently in the ownership group? No chance.

Stopped reading after the bold.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2015

Steroids are amazing drugs