Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what happened to antitrust?

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    All the small banks in my area were apparently too small to succeed, there's no more of them.

Emergency room visit at your local hospital = price of a new car. It's amazing how health care companies can amazingly "negotiate" this cost down to around $2K or less with the hospital.

• Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2015
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

To be really serious about antitrust, first you have to President (Clinton) and got to Bill Gates' Office and ask him to empty the MSFT CPAC into the DNC. Gates told him that MSFT didn't have a CPAC. Clinton said, "What? But Apple does."

Now THAT'S a criminal violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act.

The '90's were a fun time in Law School. I actually was taking Evidence class during the OJ Simpson trial.

Cool story bro. Must have been the only 50 year old in law school.
    40 and no I wasn't
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Nobody can be d2d but d2d.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

Reich makes some good points but as usual, he falls over himself to blame people who aren't politically like him. The Democrats have controlled the White House since Jan of 2009 and controlled the Senate from 2006 to 2014 so how come they didn't break up any of the cartels he mentioned?

As for Citizen's United, the Justices couldn't permit some speech (via political dollars) but not others. Are Public Sector Unions "people"? How about private sector unions? How about the American Bar Association?

Ultimately, it's important for the Justices to be as consistent / even-handed as possible and in general, it's better to err on the side of allowing (if you will) more "speech" than less as it can be a slippery slope as to what becomes restricted due to what the trendy political cause of the day is.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_of_United_States_Congresses

So many things wrong. First.... They are inaugurated into congress on odd years, so.... 2006? Then they did not have control of both houses of congress. You can't do a whole lot with control of the senate without control of the house. When the speaker of the house says it's their goal to make Obama a one term president.
    Semantics is important.

Everyone here knew he meant they won control in 2006 and assumed it in January 2007. This is how the Mericun world discusses polytics and shit. Changing his statement to "controlled the senate from 2007 to 2015" to be semantically correct does nothing to fundamentally change his poont.

Killer link though brah.
    It's not semantically correct either. Did you read the link or just the headline? Besides, does the house not have any impact? Or we just saying that the 1/2 of congress has all the power?
    Yes.

Actually I saw you arguing over the stupidest thing possible and felt compelled to poont it out.

Stick with your arguments about not controlling the house, that's actually worthwhile. Yelling "they are inaugurated on odd years so it couldn't change hands in 2006!" even though they're elected in even years and that's obviously what he meant is a waste of time and distracts from your worthwhile point.

Don't be d2d.
    Nothing wrong with adding a little salt to be a dick.
    Honda admits to Gargle. Prefers Obama's dick with salt.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

Reich makes some good points but as usual, he falls over himself to blame people who aren't politically like him. The Democrats have controlled the White House since Jan of 2009 and controlled the Senate from 2006 to 2014 so how come they didn't break up any of the cartels he mentioned?

As for Citizen's United, the Justices couldn't permit some speech (via political dollars) but not others. Are Public Sector Unions "people"? How about private sector unions? How about the American Bar Association?

Ultimately, it's important for the Justices to be as consistent / even-handed as possible and in general, it's better to err on the side of allowing (if you will) more "speech" than less as it can be a slippery slope as to what becomes restricted due to what the trendy political cause of the day is.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_of_United_States_Congresses

So many things wrong. First.... They are inaugurated into congress on odd years, so.... 2006? Then they did not have control of both houses of congress. You can't do a whole lot with control of the senate without control of the house. When the speaker of the house says it's their goal to make Obama a one term president.
    Semantics is important.

Everyone here knew he meant they won control in 2006 and assumed it in January 2007. This is how the Mericun world discusses polytics and shit. Changing his statement to "controlled the senate from 2007 to 2015" to be semantically correct does nothing to fundamentally change his poont.

Killer link though brah.
    It's not semantically correct either. Did you read the link or just the headline? Besides, does the house not have any impact? Or we just saying that the 1/2 of congress has all the power?
    Yes.

Actually I saw you arguing over the stupidest thing possible and felt compelled to poont it out.

Stick with your arguments about not controlling the house, that's actually worthwhile. Yelling "they are inaugurated on odd years so it couldn't change hands in 2006!" even though they're elected in even years and that's obviously what he meant is a waste of time and distracts from your worthwhile point.

Don't be d2d.
    Nothing wrong with adding a little salt to be a dick.
    Honda admits to Gargle. Prefers Obama's dick with salt.
    Nice triple post, brah
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

To be really serious about antitrust, first you have to President (Clinton) and got to Bill Gates' Office and ask him to empty the MSFT CPAC into the DNC. Gates told him that MSFT didn't have a CPAC. Clinton said, "What? But Apple does."

The '90's were a fun time in Law School. I actually was taking Evidence class during the OJ Simpson trial.

40 and no I wasn't
    OJ trial was 1995. US involvement in the Vietnam war was 1965 to 1973 or so. Let's say your first tour was in 1970. You were 15. That's right, America drafted 15 year olds, I remember that.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    His brain is rotting from the Agent Orange, give the old guy a break
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    d2d wasn't in Vietnam.

HTH
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    PurpleJ said:

d2d wasn't in Vietnam.

HTH

Well, then he's one dumb motherfucker
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Even Helen can see how wet the water is.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

40 and no I wasn't
    OJ trial was 1995. US involvement in the Vietnam war was 1965 to 1973 or so. Let's say your first tour was in 1970. You were 15. That's right, America drafted 15 year olds, I remember that.
    Not that it's any of your fucking business. In fact, I would say you're a rude MF.

1969, 18 Enlisted, not drafted. 2Lt. Battlefield commission (19) and ECP Program (20). Law School 42. Let's talk about what you peter puffers did to serve your country?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Even Helen can see how wet the water is.

Why isn't she hiding in a closet?
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

40 and no I wasn't
    Not that it's any of your fucking business. In fact, I would say you're a rude MF.

1969, 18 Enlisted, not drafted. 2Lt. Battlefield commission (19) and ECP Program (20). Law School 42. Let's talk about what you peter puffers did to serve your country?
    Did you really "serve your country" by signing up to be part of the quitting team and not protecting your homeland?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

40 and no I wasn't

Pot here. Kettle, you are black.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Blackie said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

40 and no I wasn't

Did you really "serve your country" by signing up to be part of the quitting team and not protecting your homeland?
    With soldiers like d2d fighting in 'Nam, no wonder we fucking lost.

#WorstGeneration
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Blackie said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

40 and no I wasn't

#WorstGeneration
    The last MF that called me a soldier to my face, I broke his fucking nose. I was not a fucking soldier. But you Jodie Muther Fuckers don't know who's what because you hid behind Mommy's lesbian black pants.

BTW, we never lost a fucking battle during Viet Nam. Nixon quit just like your muther fucking president left Iraq.

GFY.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    d2d said:

Blackie said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

40 and no I wasn't

#WorstGeneration
    The last MF that called me a soldier to my face, I broke his fucking nose. I was not a fucking soldier. But you Jodie Muther Fuckers don't know who's what because you hid behind Mommy's lesbian black pants.

BTW, we never lost a fucking battle during Viet Nam. Nixon quit just like your muther fucking president left Iraq.

GFY.
    LEAVE!
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

40 and no I wasn't

Thank you, D2D for your service to defend the very freedom we enjoy by poasting here in this very forum so many here seem to take for granted.