Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Memorial Day...

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
You you have no respect for the people that died and/or witnessed this, then go fuck yourself.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    d2d said:

You you have no respect for the people that died and/or witnessed this, then go fuck yourself.

You are one fucked up human being.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I hope @d2d has a very happy Memorial Day. Perhaps some time away from the keyboard would help him get some perspective.
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Lieutenant Dan?!?! True?!
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    d2d looking to glorify himself on Memorial Day is just par for the course for him. He's not dead, so the only thing I remember is him being a fuckin' dipshit last week.

Quit being a dung beetle,c d2d. Nobody wants to hear your crap this weekend.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Greag thread idea d2d. Too bad nobody understood what you meant. Obviously ex doesnt watch the news. Im a bit tired of that hypothetical too
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No - thank you, d2d. Your service is truly appreciated. I'm glad your name isn't one of those on the wall so we can go rounds with each other here.

Seriously.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    d2d said:

I will be spending 8 hours on Monday giving poppies away in Seattle. Although the vast majority of people are nice and respectful, between 5-10% are not. I receive comments that I haven't heard since the 60's and early 70's.

Unfortunately, the VFW and American Legion both frown on me exercising my 1st Amendment rights when I encounter those comments.

I did 2 tours in Viet Nam. (As a 2Lt my boss was 1Lt Mike Dann. So, the movie was true.)

Some of my dear friends' names are among the 52,000+ on a certain wall in DC and I really don't appreciate those comments.

If you see Vets passing out poppies on Monday and do not respect Veterans, please be respectful enough to just keep your comments to yourself.

Thank you.

1st 8 Inch Howitzer Battery, (SP Nuclear), 12th Marines, 3rd Division

Much prefer this version
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    d2d said:

I did 2 tours in Viet Nam.

I like to brag about not protecting our country. It's what I like to do.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

d2d said:

I will be spending 8 hours on Monday giving poppies away in Seattle. Although the vast majority of people are nice and respectful, between 5-10% are not. I receive comments that I haven't heard since the 60's and early 70's.

Unfortunately, the VFW and American Legion both frown on me exercising my 1st Amendment rights when I encounter those comments.

I did 2 tours in Viet Nam. (As a 2Lt my boss was 1Lt Mike Dann. So, the movie was true.)

Some of my dear friends' names are among the 52,000+ on a certain wall in DC and I really don't appreciate those comments.

If you see Vets passing out poppies on Monday and do not respect Veterans, please be respectful enough to just keep your comments to yourself.

Thank you.

Much prefer this version
    It was late and I was drunk. (Reason for typo.) That and some people in here (like Blackie) piss me off.

Blackie, LEAVE THE COUNTRY, and go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    d2d said:

d2d said:

Thank you.

Much prefer this version
    It was late and I was drunk. (Reason for typo.) That and some people in here (like Blackie) piss me off.

Why on earth would I leave a country that is geographically situated so as not to have any realistic threats?

I'm sorry you sold your soul to be used as a pawn to blow fart bubbles in rice fields.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Blackie said:

d2d said:

d2d said:

Thank you.

Much prefer this version

Why on earth would I leave a country that is geographically situated so as not to have any realistic threats?

I'm sorry you sold your soul to be used as a pawn to blow fart bubbles in rice fields.

See supra.

I didn't sell my soul. Unlike you, I have [had] a conscience. A lot of kids that didn't get a student deferment, or didn't go to Canada were dying in a war they didn't start. (The fucking French started it protecting their fucking colony that had mineral wealth.) I dropped out of college and enlisted because of guilt.

My boot camp bunkie was an illiterate black kid from Mississippi. I had to teach him to sign his name so he wouldn't have to sign the payroll roster with an X. He died there. I was the only white face at his funeral.

Six months later I was at the old UW HUB in uniform and the SDS tried to trap us in a room and started a fire. The fuckers didn't realize that we were all carrying loaded 1911's. It was pretty much bullshit, but I still remember it vividly. My second tour was actually better than being on active duty CONUS with cock suckers like you around.

A mother fucker like you wouldn't understand. Again, go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,197
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I like to be a Veteran and tell others to thank me.

I like to do that.
  • Options
    When did I ask you to fucking thank me? Go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    d2d said:

When did I ask you to fucking thank me? Go fuck yourself.

I just wish we could give you the proper Memorial Day credit.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,085
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I did two tours in Iraq. Well, if you count flying CAP at 25K "Iraq." Nobody should thank me for shit. But, the Marines and Soldiers on the ground in that fucking shithole deserve a thanks, whether you agree with that war or not. Anyone who goes out every day knowing an IED could cut them down literally any second, in 120 degree heat, wearing 50 pounds of shit, and in most cases really trying to help locals have better medical care, schools, and the ability to control their own destiny deserves something better than scorn. That is honorable shit.

Everyone seems to think that Iraq was a 10 year war. It was more like a 2 year war spread out over 10 years. The other 8 was humanitarian relief efforts of different sorts. Marines were basically the peace corp, but with big ass guns. AZDuck could better elucidate this point. As I said, I was at 25K picking my nose waiting for radio calls to bomb the fuck out of IED laying assholes. Not heroic. I don't really agree with nation building, but that's what the mother fuckers in charge wanted, and the folks on the ground did their level best to provide it. In super challenging circumstances. As I said, honorable shit.

Anyway, enough blathering. Happy Memorial Day to those that deserve it.
  • Options
    d2d said:

Blackie said:

d2d said:

d2d said:

Thank you.

Much prefer this version

See supra.

I didn't sell my soul. Unlike you, I have [had] a conscience. A lot of kids that didn't get a student deferment, or didn't go to Canada were dying in a war they didn't start. (The fucking French started it protecting their fucking colony that had mineral wealth.) I dropped out of college and enlisted because of guilt.

My boot camp bunkie was an illiterate black kid from Mississippi. I had to teach him to sign his name so he wouldn't have to sign the payroll roster with an X. He died there. I was the only white face at his funeral.

Six months later I was at the old UW HUB in uniform and the SDS tried to trap us in a room and started a fire. The fuckers didn't realize that we were all carrying loaded 1911's. It was pretty much bullshit, but I still remember it vividly. My second tour was actually better than being on active duty CONUS with cock suckers like you around.

A mother fucker like you wouldn't understand. Again, go fuck yourself.
    So since you somehow didn't DIAF, I take it the overuse of pictures on your posts is your own little Ted Striker-esque way of a dealing with your ptsd. Is Ethel Merman in the bed next to you?