Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will Kasen Williams Make a big FUCK YOU DNC Red Zone catch in the playoffs this year

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He'll wind up in the CFL
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    No Kasen is done, injury to horrible, he didn't have explosion before the injury
    I think the injury screwed him up more than has been revealed.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I think the injury screwed him up more than has been revealed.

You're probably right about that.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Michael Irvin: Height 6-2 Weight: 207 40 4.55
    Jerry Rice: Height 6-2 Weight 191 40 4.71
    Chris Carter: Height 6-2 Weight 208 40 (can't locate but i can't imagine it was Randy Moss fast)

Kasen Williams: Height 6-3 Weight 217 40 4.6
    How does he not get better with more time from injury, professional diet and medical.

If you actually believe Kasen Williams is 6-3 I have a $10.95 per month premium DM.c subscription to sell you.

6-1 1/2 at his pro day

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/kasen-williams?id=2552419
    He didn't go to the combine so they just passed along what they were hearing from what he was listed at UW. His pro day numbers are his real numbers.

He's not 6-3, that much has been obvious since he started at UW.
    Point is, he's a big receiver with leaping ability , The debate is yes or no will he make a playoff catch for a TD. Like Pete Carrol said, “He looked very good, We’ve known him for a long time through the recruiting process and our expectations are that he is a really accomplished receiver. Great athlete getting off the ground and all and he showed all of that . He looked like he fit. So we’ll try to get him back.’’
    There are 25 big receivers with leaping abilit y in th I s draft,; from every big and small university in this country. Kasen is just one of many, but slower
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited May 2015
    Yes, Fuck You DNC, I jumped 37 inches and ran a 4.6 with a bad wheel

dnc said:

dnc said:

Chris Carter: Height 6-2 Weight 208 40 (can't locate but i can't imagine it was Randy Moss fast)

How does he not get better with more time from injury, professional diet and medical.

If you actually believe Kasen Williams is 6-3 I have a $10.95 per month premium DM.c subscription to sell you.

6-1 1/2 at his pro day

He didn't go to the combine so they just passed along what they were hearing from what he was listed at UW. His pro day numbers are his real numbers.

Point is, he's a big receiver with leaping ability , The debate is yes or no will he make a playoff catch for a TD. Like Pete Carrol said, “He looked very good, We’ve known him for a long time through the recruiting process and our expectations are that he is a really accomplished receiver. Great athlete getting off the ground and all and he showed all of that . He looked like he fit. So we’ll try to get him back.’’
    There are 25 big receivers with leaping abilit y in th I s draft,; from every big and small university in this country. Kasen is just one of many, but slower

4.6 is far from "slow" , especially recovering from injury. The 37 inch leap means his athletic ability is returning and 17 reps at 225 means he's a gym rat. In all reality it's up to Pete, and he has already stated what he thought. Will any of us be surprised to see him in the CFL for a year or two? No. But it seems like at least 75% will be shocked to see him catch a TD in the playoffs this year for the Hawks
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

6-1 1/2 at his pro day

4.6 is far from "slow" , especially recovering from injury. The 37 inch leap means his athletic ability is returning and 17 reps at 225 means he's a gym rat. In all reality it's up to Pete, and he has already stated what he thought. Will any of us be surprised to see him in the CFL for a year or two? No. But it seems like at least 75% will be shocked to see him catch a TD in the playoffs this year for the Hawks
    Hi there Negga, please sit. There's 4.6 fast and 4.6 slow. Kasen is 4.6 slow. Not only not fast with pads, but no wiggle, no quicks no burst. Bad traits for an NFL receiver. Put Jaydon Mickens legs on Kasen and you got a receiver.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

I agree. IMO, that lisfranc injury in particular was the killer. Those things take forever to heal. He looked like a beast at times before the injuries, no reason he won't again after he's fully healed.

... in the Arena league
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No Kasen is done, injury to horrible, he didn't have explosion before the injury
    *too
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Great news, Seahawks release Demetrius Bronson so they have room to sign a WR to the 90 man roster!!!

Bad news, it's Deshon Foxx.

Kasen still unemployed.

I think some of you are putting way too much stock in Carroll saying some nice things about a local kid.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Great news, Seahawks release Demetrius Bronson so they have room to sign a WR to the 90 man roster!!!

Kasen still unemployed.

I think some of you are putting way too much stock in Carroll saying some nice things about a local kid.

Agree. Carroll gave a token answer that Kasen looked good and they would look into signing him. OTOH, it's possible that Kasen's reps are looking for a better situation where he could possibly make a team.

Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett - All locks
    Lockette, Matthews, Norwood - At least two make it
    Richardson - Lock once he's off the PUP list.

dnc said:

Kasen still unemployed.

Agree. Carroll gave a token answer that Kasen looked good and they would look into signing him. OTOH, it's possible that Kasen's reps are looking for a better situation where he could possibly make a team.

Based on Schneider's comments this week that they didn't draft a big receiver since they have Matthews, I'd put him closer to the lock category. Lockette's status depends entirely on whether they want the other Lockett to play gunner. If they're willing to put him out there despite his stature, I think Ricardo is gone. OTOH with Lane out to start the year it helps Ricardo's chances.

I wouldn't be shocked if Richardson misses most or all of the year, baring injury to one of the other guys.

Yeah there's a lot of bodies on the depth chart, but unless Kasen's in a bidding war between Kansas City, SF and Seattle I can't imagine there are more than one or two other teams with a worse receiver depth chart than the Hooks. I think the likeliest answer is he's not good enough and/or healthy enough to have a roster spot somewhere right now. The fact he failed his physical with Cincy despite the strong pro day numbers is alarming.
    The Premium Partner has spoken!!!!

FUCK YOU DNC!!!!!!!!
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dnc said:

dnc said:

6-1 1/2 at his pro day

Hi there Negga, please sit. There's 4.6 fast and 4.6 slow. Kasen is 4.6 slow. Not only not fast with pads, but no wiggle, no quicks no burst. Bad traits for an NFL receiver. Put Jaydon Mickens legs on Kasen and you got a receiver.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Kasen still unemployed.

Locket and Lockette? On the same team?

Mind blown.
    TheGlove said:

dnc said:

Kasen still unemployed.

Locket and Lockette? On the same team?

Mind blown.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dnc said:

Kasen still unemployed.

Even though Scout had him in their hot 100, we know for a fact, he isn't in the top 2,880 NFL players
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Did the Huskies have Donald, Virgil, Louis, Mark, and Marc Jones on the team at the same time?
    On Friday, the Seahawks did indeed get Williams back, signing him to the 90-man roster and waiving linebacker Mister Alexander.
    Williams was the Parade All-American Player of the Year at Skyline High School and a state champion track and field athlete. He enjoyed early success at Washington, catching 77 passes for 878 yards as a sophomore, but a serious leg injury ended his junior season early and he struggled to regain his form as a senior. Williams went undrafted, which, along with the injury struggles, are things he hopes to use as motivation in the NFL.
    “I've gone through a lot, but I feel great. I feel ready,” Williams said after rookie minicamp. “I just want to compete every single day. I've worked so hard to get here, and to go through what I went through the last year, it puts a lot of anger in me, and I just want to use that to my advantage.”

Paging DNC...Paging DNC get ready for the fuck you catch
    edited June 2015
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

6-1 1/2 at his pro day

Looked so good he's not even on the 90 man roster.

I would love to be wrong about this, but the odds of him being a significant NFL piece are really low at this poont.
    opps- 90 man roster made, play off Red Zone catch looking more probable