Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Spurs Clippers series update

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I give the Clippers a ton of credit. That was the Spurs fastball and they hung with them. I'm not counting them out yet. They've impressed me.

The Clippers are the 3 seed, with home court advantage. They shouldn't be "hanging with them", they should be beating them. But again, their the Clippers and their the Spurs. Water is wet.
    *there
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Hope this goes 7, these teams beating the hell out of each other is the Rockets only chance.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2015

I give the Clippers a ton of credit. That was the Spurs fastball and they hung with them. I'm not counting them out yet. They've impressed me.

The Clippers are the 3 seed, with home court advantage. They shouldn't be "hanging with them", they should be beating them. But again, their the Clippers and their the Spurs. Water is wet.
    They have a higher seed than the Spurs because the Spurs don't give a fuck about the regular season.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clippers fans will say damn we should have beat them. As a former Sonic fan I can relate. Spurs fan will say..NEXT
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What a great game ...

I hate hearing about the whole "we need to get rid of the Hack a Whoever" strategy and put in rules to prevent that ... better solution is make said players give a shit about making FTs to the point that they aren't a liability on the court.

IF the Clippers had a bench ... they'd win this series rather easily. But they are highly inconsistent there (hi Austin Rivers) and when they don't play at a reasonable level, the Spurs will beat them.

I think it's now fair to make the comparisons of Blake Griffin being this generation's version of Dominique Wilkins ... great scorer and highlight reel ... doesn't tend to come up with the big plays when needed.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

What a great game ...

I hate hearing about the whole "we need to get rid of the Hack a Whoever" strategy and put in rules to prevent that ... better solution is make said players give a shit about making FTs to the point that they aren't a liability on the court.

IF the Clippers had a bench ... they'd win this series rather easily. But they are highly inconsistent there (hi Austin Rivers) and when they don't play at a reasonable level, the Spurs will beat them.

I think it's now fair to make the comparisons of Blake Griffin being this generation's version of Dominique Wilkins ... great scorer and highlight reel ... doesn't tend to come up with the big plays when needed.

Couldn't agree more with the first paragraph. It boggles my mind, how anybody can make it all the way to the NBA and not make a decent percentage of uncontested free throws. That's the 3rd thing you learn after dribbling and layups.
  • Options
    Clippers about to send it to a game 7.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The Clippers are one of the 4 best teams but Rivers won't lead them to their potential.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Clippers about to send it to a game 7.

The script calls for a game 7 loss at home
  • Options
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The Clips would have won the natty if it wasn't for Dixon's knee Big Baby's ankle.
  • Options
    I'm taking the Clippers in game 7. This is why the Spurs never repeat. And Kawhi Leanord. This guy. I mean honestly. About to get a max contract. 3 for 15. Fake ass Finals MVP. Congrats bro you played Lebron 5 on 1. Fucking bum.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Davis injury will make a thin bench even thinner.

Leonard had a terrible game tonight ... I expect that he'll have a strong Game 7.

Parker doesn't look right to me. The game looks too fast for Manu. Danny Green really hasn't given much all series. Will be interesting to see who Pop trusts in Game 7 as arguably two of the better players for the Spurs in the series have been Mills and Bellinari ... I'd look for those two to get some more minutes on Saturday night.

Really fitting that this series is going 7 games ... 2 of the 3 best teams in the West right here.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm rolling with the Spurs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like the Cavs in this one
  • Options