Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2016 Numbers

So I'm in the basement with my velour pants on and I've been thinking about the 2016 class. My guess is that the staff ends up taking about 13 LOIs since not many players move on after this upcoming season:

RB: Cooper
WR: Hall
TE: Perkins
LG: Charles
C: Tufunga
RG: Brostek

DE: Finau
DT: Tupou
OLB: Feeney
OLB: Littleton
ILB: Lawyer

If that's about right, will the staff secure a balanced class of around 13 or will they give into temptation and sign 7 WRs?

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

So I'm in the basement with my velour pants on and I've been thinking about the 2016 class. My guess is that the staff ends up taking about 13 LOIs since not many players move on after this upcoming season:

RB: Cooper
    WR: Hall
    TE: Perkins
    LG: Charles
    C: Tufunga
    RG: Brostek

DE: Finau
    DT: Tupou
    OLB: Feeney
    OLB: Littleton
    ILB: Lawyer

If that's about right, will the staff secure a balanced class of around 13 or will they give into temptation and sign 7 WRs?

Add Mickens, LS Ryan Masel, S Brian Clay, and P Durkee, and remove Brostek. I think Cooper can come back for another year, too. We'll probably also see attrition this offseason with upperclassmen being passed by freshmen, like Fuavai, Turpin, and O'Brien.

Probably around 16-18 scholarships or something this year.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    13? Go in any TBS database and find a D1 power-conference team that took 13 commits in a year. Even when Kiffen was under scholarship restrictions he took damn near close to 20. Some of the dead wood will be cleared out and they will take about 20 this class

My guess is:
    One or more white LBs (O'Brien, Constantine)
    OL (Fuvai or Kirkland)
    One or two from the secondary (Eaton Beaver, Kevin King or Jermaine Kelly if they get beat out by younger guys)
    DL (Turpin)
    RB (I can't see Cooper coming back at age 40)
    Plus a couple guys will get hurt and not be able to play anymore (John Ross)
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

13? Go in any TBS database and find a D1 power-conference team that took 13 commits in a year. Even when Kiffen was under scholarship restrictions he took damn near close to 20. Some of the dead wood will be cleared out and they will take about 20 this class

My guess is:
    One or more white LBs (O'Brien, Constantine)
    OL (Fuvai or Kirkland)
    One or two from the secondary (Eaton Beaver, Kevin King or Jermaine Kelly if they get beat out by younger guys)
    DL (Turpin)
    RB (I can't see Cooper coming back at age 40)
    Plus a couple guys will get hurt and not be able to play anymore (John Ross)

Stanford, but yeah what banana man says.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Coop ain't going anywhere.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'm going to need @Dennis_DeYoung to weigh in on what dead wood needs to be shown the door to make room for new players we will all hate in 3 years.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Take a full 25 or go home and let a *real*coach, coach.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I messed up on a few guys who will be moving on (or not moving on, like Brostek) but just remember that I said we'll take about 13 commits, maybe 14 or 15 if they are more aggressive in getting the deadweight to move on (possibly Fuvai, Kirkland, O'Brien, Turpin, etc).

REMEMBER YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!!!1!!!!!11!!!@!!!@!@!