Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I generally agree but have big old belly laughs at the SEC bitching about being at a disadvantage. Eat me.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Harbaugh is smart, running 9 camps in the best recruiting areas and expanding Michigan's brand and his brand, too.

I know Petersen had camps in CA last year, which is when they scouted Neal and offered him a scholarship. Wonder if he'll expand it into Texas this year too, especially considering the heavy emphasis in the Dallas/FW area this year.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Harbaugh is smart, running 9 camps in the best recruiting areas and expanding Michigan's brand and his brand, too.

I know Petersen had camps in CA last year, which is when they scouted Neal and offered him a scholarship. Wonder if he'll expand it into Texas this year too, especially considering the heavy emphasis in the Dallas/FW area this year.

The south wants to protect their huge advantage from the cold schools of the north. Used to be recruiting took place in the months of Nov, Dec and Jan. Ever been to Seattle in Jan vs Aug? Big different to kids.

Knowing that the SEC rules all, ESPN and the NCAA will cowtow and ban this. Big shame to the other schools trying to be creative.

• Options
    TommySQC said:

The south wants to protect their huge advantage from the cold schools of the north. Used to be recruiting took place in the months of Nov, Dec and Jan. Ever been to Seattle in Jan vs Aug? Big different to kids.

Knowing that the SEC rules all, ESPN and the NCAA will cowtow and ban this. Big shame to the other schools trying to be creative.

So far, Big-12, Big Ten and Pac-12 are in favor of satellite camps and SEC and ACC are against it.

I think they SEC and ACC will change to adopt it because there is no way the Big Ten will support a ban on something like this.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If true, I will do my best to doog that shi-poopie up
  • Options
    brchco12 said:

Yeah, 22 of our 27 offers in Texas are in the DFW area. Kids are from Plano, Arlington, Mesquite, Southlake, Allen, Sachse, etc.

I'm not sure why there is such a heavy focus in DFW as opposed to other areas, but maybe one of the coaches has strong connections with the HS in the area and they feel it's worth the effort to recruit the area harder than any other outside of LA.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

brchco12 said:

Yeah, 22 of our 27 offers in Texas are in the DFW area. Kids are from Plano, Arlington, Mesquite, Southlake, Allen, Sachse, etc.

I'm not sure why there is such a heavy focus in DFW as opposed to other areas, but maybe one of the coaches has strong connections with the HS in the area and they feel it's worth the effort to recruit the area harder than any other outside of LA.
    Both Pease and Choate have recruited that area for a long time now.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

brchco12 said:

For being a massive market its very much a professional sports city and not a territory for any one school (sorry tequilla). With A&M in the SEC it's not even big 12 country anymore. Compound that with everyone in the world transplanting to DFW and it's more metropolitan than its ever been. so I think it's ripe for kids wanting to see a different part of the world, especially if they're not from texas.

I plan on dooging it up this fall as I'm in plano ISD and offering as many fruit baskets and 1990 camaros as I can get my hands on. (British cigarette winky face).
  • Options
    Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I love Harbaugh's response by inviting any college coach to attend their camps.

ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/jim-harbaugh-satellite-camp-criticism-twitter-invitation
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Harbaugh is a closet HH.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    1. They're only 'ridiculous' if nobody wants to attend.

2. Saban's beef is with his fellow SEC AD's and Coaches, not with the NCAA.