Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#MyMs

I'll preface this by saying I really want the Mariners to win. I've been going to games since I was in fucking diapers, so don't go twisting. But boy, is it ever fun talking shit to the fucktards who actually believed the propaganda coming from that cesspool they call an organization. Which is pretty much everyone. So at least I can get some genuine enjoyment out of that.

I wrote a long-ass email to a bunch of family members and friends that even Tequila would be jealous of, breaking down the roster, the fact that Vegas had the Mariners as 5:4 fucking odds to win the division and why it wasn't going to happen. And I'll be damned if every response wasn't written by Ken Griswold himself. From I must lead a miserable and pathetic life, step away from the keyboard for a while, even to take a long walk to gain some perspective. It's amazing how people get such sandy vaginas when they're faced with reality. And nevermind the facts pointing toward a major letdown, if I may loosely paraphrase uncle Race, I've been right for 13 straight fucking years, Id be happy to be wrong and fall to 13-1 in my predictions. But that definitely isn't in the script.

Though what I do see in the script is a major letdown, jack z somehow saves his job (and when I say somehow, I mean that he's a yes man to an ownership group that couldn't give a flying fuck about winning so of course he's safe), they improve to 78 wins next season, about 85 the year after that, only to shit the bed again in 3 years. So basically 2018 will be 2015, '17 will be '14 and so on. I don't think I need to remind anyone that the last two times the Mariners won 80+ games, they lost 101 the following season.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I disagree with you on the prediction. As for jack z he should have been fired 2 years ago and if the team were to suck (Which I doubt will happen) they will definitely find an excuse to keep him around
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1

I'll preface this by saying I really want the Mariners to win. I've been going to games since I was in fucking diapers, so don't go twisting. But boy, is it ever fun talking shit to the fucktards who actually believed the propaganda coming from that cesspool they call an organization. Which is pretty much everyone. So at least I can get some genuine enjoyment out of that.

I wrote a long-ass email to a bunch of family members and friends that even Tequila would be jealous of, breaking down the roster, the fact that Vegas had the Mariners as 5:4 fucking odds to win the division and why it wasn't going to happen. And I'll be damned if every response wasn't written by Ken Griswold himself. From I must lead a miserable and pathetic life, step away from the keyboard for a while, even to take a long walk to gain some perspective. It's amazing how people get such sandy vaginas when they're faced with reality. And nevermind the facts pointing toward a major letdown, if I may loosely paraphrase uncle Race, I've been right for 13 straight fucking years, Id be happy to be wrong and fall to 13-1 in my predictions. But that definitely isn't in the script.

Though what I do see in the script is a major letdown, jack z somehow saves his job (and when I say somehow, I mean that he's a yes man to an ownership group that couldn't give a flying fuck about winning so of course he's safe), they improve to 78 wins next season, about 85 the year after that, only to shit the bed again in 3 years. So basically 2018 will be 2015, '17 will be '14 and so on. I don't think I need to remind anyone that the last two times the Mariners won 80+ games, they lost 101 the following season.

But how is Jack Z a bad GM?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Voted down for putting so much effort into a shit tier franchise.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Awfully cool for September

I can't dispute OP. The M's have to prove it. They've shit the bed too many times after promising years.