Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gillless Dieierkkxxxss replacement visiting

Some 6'10'' Canadian guy named Michael Atewe is visiting this weekend. He averaged 1.3 pts per game and 1.4 rebs per game last year at Auburn.

Should be the piece we need to get to the elite 8. Go get 'em, Romar

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

And when he gets hurt again next year he will just be another excuse for Romar.

Perfect.

I dunno. The Romar apologists have been riding the "Romar can't help it Jernard Jerreau (Durant-lite) got hurt" train for 2 years now. That one could go on 2 more years. Then again, a change is always nice and keeps things fresh.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hey, you can't pass up on bigs when they show up, because nobody wins without bigs. Everyone remember how michigan state played so well(like every year). Guess what, they have two players listed at 6'9" and their next tallest is 6'7". I could go on and find most teams don't have bigs. Not to mention, romar can't win with huge guys b/c he's not a half court coach.

He would be much better served having a whole lot of 6'8" athletic type guys who can press and stretch the floor.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Hey, you can't pass up on bigs when they show up, because nobody wins without bigs. Everyone remember how michigan state played so well(like every year). Guess what, they have two players listed at 6'9" and their next tallest is 6'7". I could go on and find most teams don't have bigs. Not to mention, romar can't win with huge guys b/c he's not a half court coach.

He would be much better served having a whole lot of 6'8" athletic type guys who can press and stretch the floor.

Haven't seen that type of winning ball since UW had an offensive line
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is this a whoosh or serious?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    According to Ken, this Atewe kid has "committed" (to transfer) to UW. Ken says it's a huge pickup but he doesn't want it getting out there yet because the kid wants to announce at home tomorrow.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

According to Ken, this Atewe kid has "committed" (to transfer) to UW. Ken says it's a huge pickup but he doesn't want it getting out there yet because the kid wants to announce at home tomorrow.

If you can't average a bucket per game or two rebounds per game (hint, you can miss your own shot, go back and get it, then put it in and you'd have better stats), then you are from what's known as a huge pickup ... but then again, KJV thinks Jen from the Dub Pub is a huge pickup.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm saying it'a a running joke that everyone now thinks uw needs bigs to win. UW never had huge guys t o win with, and the one or two they ever had were incredibly athletic. This chase to find bigs is a joke. Teams win regularly with a 6, 7 to 6,9 front court.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm saying it'a a running joke that everyone now thinks uw needs bigs to win. UW never had huge guys t o win with, and the one or two they ever had were incredibly athletic. This chase to find bigs is a joke. Teams win regularly with a 6, 7 to 6,9 front court.
    I also remember uw getting bounced from the sweet 16 and Romar saying something about a common theme in getting beat at that stage was the opposing front courts were a lot longer than us.

He immediately switched his philosophy in recruiting length and has since found out he has no clue how to develop the big men he says he needs to break through in the dance.

I agree his best chance is to get back to coaching the players and running the system he is best at, but it's not the bigs that are the problem. It's the coaching they receive.

TLDR: Romato needs to go.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    according to kent this is a "huge pickup"