Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's all About Player Development, Stupid

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited February 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageIt's all About Player Development, Stupid

For many years I took abuse from a good friend of mine who's an Oregon fan. On the surface, I deserved it. I made some seemingly wayward, crazy predictions. It all occurred during the Tyrone Willingham era at Washington. But in the end, it turns out I was right after all.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Funny that you mention Ty's comment that he needed more bullets. After making that comment, fans were on fire either supporting his statement or attacking it. I specifically remember a certain Kim Grinolds from Dawgman.com coming out in defense of that claim yet at the same time Grinolds is now trying to claim that he and the other members of Dawgman were the earliest critics and doubters of Willingham's tenure at UW.

Nothing better than some revisionist history.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had a conversation with the Good Guy in Hawaii before the game in 2007. He was anti Ty at that time. He told me Ty was gone after that game and big time donors were making it happen. Then we walked by the Butler Hut in the moonlight and UW gave up a huge lead to lose the game. Anyway, Kim was anti Ty in 2008. He turned sometime in 2007.
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    which is why i've never really understood all the doogs clamoring over THIS year's recruiting class!!!!1! Ty basically recruited the exact same as Sark (in the national top 25 range) and the results haven't been much better with Boy Wonder. Meanwhile, at places like Oregon, they recruit roughly the same class ranking, and they somehow develop those players over time...making them a perennial powerhouse. it's always been an old half brain saying that players get worse while at UW....which most people poke fun at, but until we see some 4th yr juniors/5th year seniors that are actually worth a damn and contributing...it's hard to argue. Lots of great freshmen have turned into WDWHA's as they evolve in the UW system. How many times has player named ________________ been a senior at UW and you just cant wait til he's gone?! it's not supposed to work like that people. it starts at the top....
  • fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Funny that you mention Ty's comment that he needed more bullets. After making that comment, fans were on fire either supporting his statement or attacking it. I specifically remember a certain Kim Grinolds from Dawgman.com coming out in defense of that claim yet at the same time Grinolds is now trying to claim that he and the other members of Dawgman were the earliest critics and doubters of Willingham's tenure at UW.

Nothing better than some revisionist history.

Where did I say that? Please post a link. Otherwise, stop making stuff up. Thanks for reading.