Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks Like Beach was Busy Lately ...

Apparently there's a podcast out there that has him trying to break down the whole Romar debacle with the "Guys from Dawgman" on KJR ...

On one hand, there's a part of me that wants to light myself on fire for even thinking of listening to it ...

On the other hand, I like watching/hearing trainwrecks ...

Either way, it's interesting.

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Apparently there's a podcast out there that has him trying to break down the whole Romar debacle with the "Guys from Dawgman" on KJR ...

On one hand, there's a part of me that wants to light myself on fire for even thinking of listening to it ...

On the other hand, I like watching/hearing trainwrecks ...

Either way, it's interesting.

We'll excuse you just once for poasting in the wrong thread. Try this one:

hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/19454/picture-thread-things-more-interesting-than-someone-talking-about-their-fantasy-baseball-team/p1

HTH
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What debacle? Nothing went wrong this year in Romarville.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Im sure he cashed the checks the university sent him each month.

Whats the problem?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Don't worry, the CEO and the Beach did their best to show how little they know about college basketball throughout.

Commenting how you just "have" to take chances on players who are 7', so giles was worth the gamble. Yup, romars most successful teams have featured huge guys who can't move.

It's understandable that he missed the tourney because there is no talent in the seattle area. Romar has built his recruiting funnel in seattle, so he should get a pass because the talent has been down in the area. One of the LPT chimed in that the argument is that he should still have been able to recruit elsewhere and beach quickly retorted with a golden shower of praise for how romar could lock down the seattle area and it's not easy to just recruit other areas.

Also one of my personal favorites, saying that Romar started going after big fish and that he should be excused for trying to take the program to a national level. This is such utter bullshit. He wasn't going after random 5* guys. He was going after multiple players which had deep roots within his life. Gordon, Jabari were both life long family friends. Parker was just ridiculous to think the #1 player in the nation was coming to UW so if they put much time into that one, romar is worse than i could have imagined. AG was a different world, and UW should have signed him without the shit basket they put on the floor during the most important year.

The romar excuse playbook couldn't get through a whole show without saying how romar does it the right way and doesn't pay recruits, which is another reason he can't get kids here. Obviously we all know this to be bullshit, but whatever. No payments but we have pimps and drug dealers. Moral authority rocks.

I do love how they all kinda dropped the, "nobody wanted to play with NWG" out of high school. Shouldn't this be pummeled into the romar resume? He added a guy who everyone hated to play with. Most of us wouldn't have known that, but as a coach and recruiting guy shouldn't you know how this plays out when there are guys who just won't play with him?

After it's all said and done, I will constantly be amazed how a coach who has 13 years of service could miss a 68 team tourney 4 years running and still has a line of people willing to throw an entire booklet of excuses at the wall for you. Romar may as well be running scientology at this point.