Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Congrats to purpledawgfan

Dawgman.com's most prolific poster has secured a management position in Boston.

Any idea who he's working for and what he'll be doing?

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    hopefully spending some quality time with the Boston area Chechen community

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    My guess is that he's either been hired as a recruiting analyst (he's been doing his homework) or as a head football coach for a program out east. Here's his latest manifesto:

I'm not enjoying the recruiting process as much as I should because of the child like antics that go on in here. Always a snide comment at Sark or posters who cast doubt on Petersen, as if that was some sin. So few actually said any of that. Most wanted Pete to prove it. I'm glad the mods are deleting most of those comments and I wish KG would make it a bannable offense. It's really time to clean up these boards from the trash talking that goes on.

I agree with what you're saying. While I don't personally like some of the things Petersen does, he's building the program in an image that I would do myself, if I was running a program. I'll take a little less talent (sometimes) over a little less ego, immaturity, and character issues. I'll build a program that's not cutting corners and isn't creating a ego-driven environment. I'd recruit kids that were just as serious in the class room as they are on the field. I'd take flyers on under rated, off the radar kids who showed more heart than a 5 star could ever posses. I'm getting ready to take a management position in Boston and I'm going to be utilizing some of the same philosophies Petersen is using in my new position. So many of my "personal" philosophies come from sports, whether it's John Wooden's pyramid or Pete Carrols "competition" strategy. Chris Petersen is someone I'm not only following as a fan, he's someone I'm following in my personal life, as many of the aspects he preaches to his players could be used in non-football, non-educational environments as well.

I personally despise the term OKG. It makes it sound like Petersen is doing something unique, simply because UW hasn't had it in 20 years. He's not. He's not doing anything that hasn't been done before and isn't currently going on at several other programs. The problem isn't with Petersen, it's with our fans lack of understanding. Whether it be that OKG means less talented players or that OKG is something ground breaking and completely Petersen. It's frustrating, because I really thought this board would becoming more a community, less a mob led forum, with the advent of such a recruiting system. It seems almost ironic to be arguing bitterly about a recruiting system that preaches against such ego driven non-sense.

I believe wins will come, but to what degree? For me, I want to be Oregon. 10-11 wins every year. I want to get on a run that's so special, it makes 1989-1992 look like little league. I want to be the dominant program on the West Coast, with SC. When you hear USC, they always mention UW as it's rival, it's equal. We might not be able to recruit like they do, but as long as we win, it doesn't really matter. That's what I want Petersen to build. That's what I'm hoping for out of all this non-sense and bitter arguments between posters. In 3 years, we're winning conf championships and playing in Rose Bowls, making the Final Four. I don't want to return to the glory days. I want this program to be better than the glory days ever were.
    LOL when was the last time UW rivaled USC?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    so is he complaining that Kim/Fetters/Eklund ruined those boreds?
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,091 Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Hate to say it, but that was my exact thought also.

NOW PUMP MY GAS DUCK!!1!l!!

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited April 2015
    AZDuck said:

It was a temporary rivalry in the late 80s/early 90s. Kind of like how Stanford/Oregon is rivalry now, but eventually both those teams will #regress and it will go back to being just another league game.

LRR

AZDuck said:

It was a temporary rivalry in the late 80s/early 90s. Kind of like how Stanford/Oregon is rivalry now, but eventually both those teams will #regress and it will go back to being just another league game.

LRR
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,519 Swaye's Wigwam
    I like to say that Carroll's competition strategy is unique and hasn't or hadn't been done before Pete Carroll became a coach.