Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

David shaw

Says not many teams look like us anymore but that's the way we want to play. Bruising lines and physical play...
This conference is a buzz saw.

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309
    pretty sure larry coker believed in what he "built" at Miami too
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Little Jimmy posting about a Black guy again
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Shaws a good coach. Don't get the hate. No racist.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    His pressers are a little ho-hum compared to Sark. Most folks enjoy a kick-ass presser, it's fires them up.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

While the book is far from written on David Shaw, I do not understand the pure hatred people have for him. At first I thought it was a doogman thing but apparently it is over here too. All the guy has done since taking over as head coach is go 24-4 leading successful campaigns for two years without Gerhart, and for a year without Luck, he has won a Rose Bowl, and he hauled in an absolutely ridiculous recruiting class (if you like linemen): http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=9&c=8&toinid=734&sspid=-1&yr=2012

He also would have destroyed Sark last year had Hogan been given the reigns at that point.

Most guy's on doogman hate any good coach. Saban is a dick, Urban Meyer only cares about winning, Chip is gay and he cheats!, Harbaugh is a jerk, Shaw is smug, Mora is hot tempered and "could" implode. Meanwhile, Sark is a really nice guy who gets it and is a great representative of the University because being mediocre is readily accepted because it is better than Ty.

BTW, Harbaugh didn't even have Gerhart his last year at Stanford. He's been gone for awhile. I think most coaches would win 10+ games with a dominant OL, great TE's, and Andrew Luck. By no means, did he overachieve in his season with Andrew Luck. I do think Shaw had a nice year last season, but he absolutely blew it against UW. Sometimes even really good coaches have bad games, and he seems like a good coach, but that was some of the worst coaching I have seen by a quality opponent.

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Don James had a lot of crap games too. If you are going to say coaches suck if they have a bad game now and again, then I guess you are going to have to spend your life on a message board filled with bitter people pretending there are perfect people out there who do everything right... oh, wait.

Anyway, Shaw has done well. It's just hard to know how to judge him because he's really tried to continue what Harbaugh did. Now, of course, that's very smart because Harbaugh did an amazing job--but it does leave Shaw's own contribution a little ambiguous.

I can say this, though... If I were a Stanford fan, I wouldn't have a list of guys in my mind to replace him. He's done about as well as anyone would've done and I dare say if Sark had taken over the same situation there would have been no Rose Bowl Ws.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club

While the book is far from written on David Shaw, I do not understand the pure hatred people have for him. At first I thought it was a doogman thing but apparently it is over here too. All the guy has done since taking over as head coach is go 24-4 leading successful campaigns for two years without Gerhart, and for a year without Luck, he has won a Rose Bowl, and he hauled in an absolutely ridiculous recruiting class (if you like linemen): http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=9&c=8&toinid=734&sspid=-1&yr=2012

He also would have destroyed Sark last year had Hogan been given the reigns at that point.

...............nothing against you Bananas, but I'm sick and tired of the "If QB B had been playing for Stanford instead of QB A, then the skis would have lost by 20 points!!!" maybe it has some truth to it, butShaw put out who he put out and the Huskies earned that win. If Hogan would have single handedly destroyed them then that's on Shaw.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Murderers row. Can't expect much with a scheduled like that.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    section8 said:

I like to be handed the keys to a good team and then talk like it was my vision and commitment that got said team to where its currently at, I like to do that.

Always gotta critize the black man? What the hell? Blame willingham for losing, don't give shaw credit for winning. I hate this place after the Zimmerman trial.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    I like to be handed the keys to a good team and then talk like it was my vision and commitment that got said team to where its currently at, I like to do that.

Ray-siss
  • While the book is far from written on David Shaw, I do not understand the pure hatred people have for him. At first I thought it was a doogman thing but apparently it is over here too. All the guy has done since taking over as head coach is go 24-4 leading successful campaigns for two years without Gerhart, and for a year without Luck, he has won a Rose Bowl, and he hauled in an absolutely ridiculous recruiting class (if you like linemen): http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=9&c=8&toinid=734&sspid=-1&yr=2012

Nobody hates on Shaw in here but the facts are he took over a well oiled machine. Just like if Helfrich does well we won't fully give him credit either as he was handed a great program.

Should Larry Coker get credit for what he did at Miami?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Nobody hates on Shaw in here but the facts are he took over a well oiled machine. Just like if Helfrich does well we won't fully give him credit either as he was handed a great program.

Its too early to call Shaw Harbaugh, AND it's too early to call him Coker. Until he actually has a continually worse record from one year to the next like Coker did, he's not Coker yet.

As always, LIFPO.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

Little Jimmy posting about a Black guy again

Haha, nice race. I see your agenda. More interested in the line play on both sides for the ball and a nasty front 7 and the fact they aren't the latest copy cat offense.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited September 2013
    dnc said:

Its too early to call Shaw Harbaugh, AND it's too early to call him Coker. Until he actually has a continually worse record from one year to the next like Coker did, he's not Coker yet.

As always, LIFPO.
    That's basically what I'm saying. I don't know if Shaw is a good or bad coach and we probably won't know until a few years from now.
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447

Shaw is a puncher. It was his choice to sit Hogan. He also tells verbals to other universities to visit the farm and not tell anyone but your parents then call the other university at the 11th hour and leave a voice message at 11:30 PM on the office phone. Total Donut hole puncher.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    There's no way the Trees can keep up this pace when no traditional power has done it since scholarships were reduced.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    topdawgnc said:

I don't see how you can expect Shaw to do well when Stanford went 1-11 seven years ago.

wtfay?