Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    "You can't flag a moderator's post, even when he implies that the season is not already over."
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Free Fries at McDonald's every time the Mariners score 5 or more runs in a game!... and no, they don't have to win the game for you to WIN! free fries.

If this promotion isn't the epitome of Mariner-ism, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2015

Free Fries at McDonald's every time the Mariners score 5 or more runs in a game!... and no, they don't have to win the game for you to WIN! free fries.

I will agree that it is a great representation of Mariner-ism. But I respectfully disagree that it is THE epitome of Mariner-ism. I would have to say that, without a doubt, the epitome of this sickness and loser mentality happened on the final day of the 2014 regular season.

The Mariners were 1 game back of the wild card and needed a win and an Oakland loss to force a 1 game playoff. The Mariners were in the 5th inning of their final game against the Angels when the scoreboard flashed the final score of another game; the Athletics had won, ending the Mariners' wild card hopes in the process. To a normal fan base that cares about winning, you would expect a lot of seats being kicked, f bombs being sprayed and fans immediately starting their long walk to their cars to gain some perspective.

But what did the Marinoors do? After a few seconds of disbelief, the Marinoor fans, in unison, gave an impromptu rousing standing ovation during the middle of an inning to a team that tanked down the stretch and missed the wild card by one game. Frankly, I was surprised that I was surprised because even though I know the average Marinoor fan is a fucktard, the sheer loser mentality of the gesture was beyond embarrassing. I'm sure Rick Rizzs was proud.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'll be at opening day, stop by section 135 and say hello. I go every year and here's me loving last year's 1st game.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's no reason that you can't be pissed AND show appreciation.

For many, there were no expectations last year. I got resoundingly skewered at the beginning of the year when I said that they'd win 85+.

They should win 95+ this year.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

The M's seem to be the pick by a lot of experts this year

The season must be over

This is the Cliff Lee season all over again. The team had overachieved (for the M's) and won 80 something games. Now with Cliff Lee Nelson Cruz, no reason to think they won't win 90 plus.

M's win 70 games and Jack Z will still have his job.
    They can probably underachieve but still be "in the race." They will be around 500 and 5 games back of the playoffs in the summer and the local media will still obsess over it like they have a chance.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    If the Mariners only win 70 games, Jack Z's couch will be on the market.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Danny Farqueer sucks. Cut him.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

The season must be over

This is the Cliff Lee season all over again. The team had overachieved (for the M's) and won 80 something games. Now with Cliff Lee Nelson Cruz, no reason to think they won't win 90 plus.

Apples and oranges, but believe what you like
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gotta admit i dont remember much of the 2014 season. dont think i watched a single game and routinely changed channels when the topic came up. i supposedly love baseball too..

thanks a lot mariners
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2015

The season must be over

Lol not even close

EDIT: ahh this is the classic RoadDawg Mariners reverse jinx. Embarrassed I missed it.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Watched a couple innings of the Orioles on MASN yesterday and if the Orioles score 5 runs in a WIN, you get some sort of free pizza deal. But makes sense in Seattle you don't have to win.

The new revamped Seattle lineup has scored 4, 0, 3, 0 5 runs. Good for a scintillating 2.4 runs per game through 5. Just wait till Jack Z gets his own guys in there. You can't expect to win big in just 7 years.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

There's no reason that you can't be pissed AND show appreciation.

For many, there were no expectations last year. I got resoundingly skewered at the beginning of the year when I said that they'd win 85+.

They should win 95+ this year.

I agree but the fans shouldn't have done it right after they were eliminated. It's Seattle though so noone should be surprised. We got a lot of faggy individual awards for making the playoffs and finishing third one year in a CYO League. That was 25 years ago.