Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Matt Fink.... Sark is on the Prowl Now

2»

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

throwing your Fr QB under the bus publically is an important first step in establishing trust with your players.

ybe
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The USC Scout site is your source?

I did notice though that name calling will get you banned for a few days ... so at least there's a warning before you're gone.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

throwing your Fr QB under the bus publically is an important first step in establishing trust with your players.

Seven never fails to disappoint.

Is there anything to say other than he's a freshman, he's learning, mistakes are to be expected, but that the goal is to identify and learn from those mistakes going forward?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Someone UW should, and probably would, pivot to if Fink goes to SC is Max Gilliam.

From what I read he's been majorly slept on by Pac12 schools. They sleep.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Someone UW should, and probably would, pivot to if Fink goes to SC is Max Gilliam.

From what I read he's been majorly slept on by Pac12 schools. They sleep.

They be SLEEPIN'
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sounds like Town has trust issues, but that's just what time LA Times is hearing so don't twist. It's not like Sark has had two years to prepare for Kessler's departure.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sounds like Town has trust issues, but that's just what time LA Times is hearing so don't twist. It's not like Sark has had two years to prepare for Kessler's departure.

When Town decommitted from FagJs Tide and committed to Sark, he was rated the #1 QB in the entire country, then he started to really struggle in the summer camps and really struggled during his senior season. Sark responded by taking another QB in the same class, never a good sign in my opinion.

My guess is Sark has a legitimate worry about life after-Kessler. And will try cover his own ass by continually throwing Town under the bus as a failed recruit. Losing on Shea Patterson to Ole Miss and then Costello to Stanford (INFAKFCS) this year is a major problem for him in my opinion.

Max Browne is going to have to be good or Sark is screwed.
    And we all know how badly Max Browne wanted to play for Steve Sarkisian
    O/U 3.5 games started for Max Browne in his career?

Sark may have a new love by next year that has way more sizzle
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Max Browne isn't going to be good.

HTH

I'm merely intrigued since it appears sark wasn't max favorite coach, then kessler stays, and now there will be other sark recruited players there to take his spot. I just see a messy situation brewing where Max gets no PT
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

When Town decommitted from FagJs Tide and committed to Sark, he was rated the #1 QB in the entire country, then he started to really struggle in the summer camps and really struggled during his senior season. Sark responded by taking another QB in the same class, never a good sign in my opinion.

My guess is Sark has a legitimate worry about life after-Kessler. And will try cover his own ass by continually throwing Town under the bus as a failed recruit. Losing on Shea Patterson to Ole Miss and then Costello to Stanford (INFAKFCS) this year is a major problem for him in my opinion.

Under, easily. I'd take the under on 1.5.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Given that Town is looking worse, Darnold is worser, Jalen Green is a WR, and they already missed on their top two QBs this class (Patterson and Costello), I would take the over.

I'd set it at 13.5. Unless Alabama dismembers him in his first game as a starter.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Still can't believe Sark is actually coaching

Fixed
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

In all honesty, since I don't know a thing about Fink, the fact that Sark wants him makes me nervous about him since the streaming pile of crap that Sark left here is fresh in my mind

Remember Sark offered Mariota soon after Chip did. He also offered Jalen Greene and stole him from Petersen. Greene is no longer at USC, btw. Sark will try to get the QBs other great coaches have offered.
    To whom did Greene sell his couch?
    Tips on how to sell a couch from Heidi...

yelp.com/topic/somerville-how-to-sell-a-couch
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Given that Town is looking worse, Darnold is worser, Jalen Green is a WR, and they already missed on their top two QBs this class (Patterson and Costello), I would take the over.

I'd set it at 13.5. Unless Alabama dismembers him in his first game as a starter.
    so Max Browne gets "coached up" by Sark and his first start will be on the road at Alabama? Lucky guy.
  • Options
    90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

Holy $#!¥... he looks like Jabba the Hutt with a headset!!

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    "He does some things and you go, 'Wow, that's a really good read or really good play' and then he makes another throw and you think to yourself, 'What are you thinking?' And then you go, 'Well I know what he's thinking. He wasn't. He didn't know what he's doing. He's a true freshman.'"

Coach sark is so eloquent