Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

BBC: Climate Show Unbiased Because it Doesn’t Feature Sceptics.

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
edited March 2015 in Tug Tavern
This is the kind of reasoning that appeals to an 8th grade education.
Climate Change: The Inconvenient Facts, which is due to be broadcast on BBC this coming Tuesday, features presenter Tom Heap speaking to a panel of ‘experts’ on how to explain away anomalies in climate models, such as the growth in Antarctic sea ice and the slow down in global warming since 1998.

After climate scientist Michael Mann took to Twitter to complain that the BBC was “actively promot[ing] misinformation” about man-made climate change, one member of the panel, UCL physicist Helen Czerski, responded that the show is “v. balanced in the sense that there is no “skeptic” voice.”

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Keep talking the same misinformation. Notice how you didn't put a link? The last time you did that, you changed the wording drastically.
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    2001400ex said:

Keep talking the same misinformation. Notice how you didn't put a link? The last time you did that, you changed the wording drastically.

Google it jackass.
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

Google it jackass.
    Name calling? Nice work.
    edited March 2015
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

Google it jackass.
    Name calling? Nice work.
    Well Established Fact.
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

Google it jackass.
    Name calling? Nice work.
    Facts.
    That would be a first for you.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Hondo thought this was a thread about Big Black Cock.
    topdawgnc said:

Hondo thought this was a thread about Big Black Cock.

Well to be fair, that's a fetish for death.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,743 Swaye's Wigwam
    Can we get a D2D/Honda aspergers board?
    FYI, here is the broadcast they ate bitching about:

Climate Change: Inconvenient Facts?
    Costing the Earth

With arctic sea ice shrinking and Antarctic sea ice growing, Tom Heap asks what is happening to the climate.

Despite the consensus of scientists around the world, there are still some anomalies in the computer models of the future climate. Tom Heap is joined by a panel of experts to tackle some of the difficult questions that lead to uncertainties in our understanding of the changing climate.

The perceived wisdom in the scientific community is that the climate is warming but evidence shows that even though Arctic sea ice is melting, there has actually been a growth in Antarctic sea ice. That, along with a documented slow down in the warming of the climate since 1998, has been a 'stone in the shoe' of the climate change story. So what is happening?

Tom is joined by BBC and Met office weather presenter John Hammond to put these 'difficult' climate scenarios to a team of experts: Mark Lynas is an author and environmental campaigner, Mike Hulme is professor of Climate and Culture at Kings College London and Dr Helen Czerski is a broadcaster and 'bubble physicist' at UCL.

With the help of this panel, Costing The Earth discusses how best to communicate anomalies that don't appear in climate models and make the science sometimes hard to comprehend.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,088 Founders Club
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Anyone concerned about political global warming theory, needs to lead by example. Stop driving. Stop using electricity. Stop killing oir children!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,794 Standard Supporter

Can we get a D2D/Honda aspergers board?

Honda is Mike Leech?

NOC

Actually Liberals care that WE don't care, just like atheists HATE the fact that I believe in God and Jesus.

NOC what they think. Why do they give a shit that there are other opinions out there?

Please. I really am curious.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    d2d said:

NOC

Actually Liberals care that WE don't care, just like atheists HATE the fact that I believe in God and Jesus.

NOC what they think. Why do they give a shit that there are other opinions out there?

Atheists don't hate that you believe in god. What you're sensing is frustration. Because the fact that you can't see how stupid it is, is in fact, frustrating.

Facts.
    d2d said:

NOC

Except you do care. You care so much to spew anti global warming cartoons all over the board. You believe politicians over people who study this for a living.
    edited March 2015
    wow, that sure is a manipulative statement... or simply, badly misinformed... not sure.
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

NOC

Except you do care. You care so much to spew anti global warming cartoons all over the board. You believe politicians over people who study this for a living.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

wow, that sure is a manipulative statement... or simply, badly misinformed... not sure.

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

NOC

Given that 80-90% (depending on survey) of climate scientists think global warming is at least partially human caused... I would say neither. The funny part was when death posted the link that showed about 80% of meteorologists think that humans are at least partially responsible for global warming. Even tho his news source read it that 48% don't.
    more HondoFax.

You don't know a single one of them either... because if you did, you wouldn't be spewing such nonsense.

True science isn't a political forum, hondo.
    edited March 2015
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

NOC

Given that 80-90% (depending on survey) of climate scientists think global warming is at least partially human caused... I would say neither. The funny part was when death posted the link that showed about 80% of meteorologists think that humans are at least partially responsible for global warming. Even tho his news source read it that 48% don't.

gargle...