Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Friday - Hoops and Hot Girls

DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Founders Club
I was trying to think of a way to describe Mateen Cleaves as a studio analyst and all I could come up with was "early onset Tourette's".

Fuck Eva Mendez, this girl digs the sweatpants:

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club
    A tribute to New Mexico State and their roster full of foreigners. The quality education at New Mexico State clearly transcends all borders.

• Options
    Founders Club
    From a gambling perspective, the favorites are all off to a good start today ... unlike yesterday.

Maybe that's an angle for the future? Take the dogs on the first day and the favorites on the second day.

I'm guessing that seeing Baylor and Iowa State get taken down yesterday might have inspired some of the "good" teams to get their shit together for today ... regardless of how "bad" they think the team they are playing is.

• Options
    Founders Club
    So far, the auditions for the One Shining Moment video have been pretty standard fare ... lay on the floor and cry ... sit on the bench and cry ... get a cut over your eye and bleed ... blah, blah, blah.

However, the 2 front runners for auditions of the year are already in the club house:

1. The idiot from Cincinnati that threw a forearm shiver at the Purdue dude's head, got ejected, and then cried all the way to the locker room ... and the current leader ...

2. The coach from Georgia State whose totally contrived prat fall from his coaching stool not only guaranteed himself top billing on all tournament highlights but also managed to upstage his own son who hit a spectacular game winner. Well played you fucking tool.

• Options
    Founders Club
    White kid from Belmont (Bradshaw) turning in a STRONG audition for the One Shining Moment video ...

Making everything he throws up and uncorking a dazzling array of mean mugs for the camera, yelling at the announcers at the scorers table, ass-patting of his opponents and finally, a great floor grimace on a loose ball.

If they loose this, his crying jag will be epic ... and if they win, I believe he'll do a wonderful "white guy trying to do hip hop" dance.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Those Applebees "we're trying to re-brand ourselves as a hip gastropub" commercials are lacking the family of five with twin infants that can't stop crying and a toddler that can't keep his hands off your table.

How about a little truth in advertising Applebees?

Oh ... and Louisville is allergic to making baskets.

• Options
    Founders Club
    I love the tournament, but it is seriously lacking in star power this year.

I haven't seen a team yet that has that ONE GUY that can just load them up and take them to the final ... you know ... Glenn Rice, Carmelo Anthony, Danny Manning ... that type of guy.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Lots o' bonehead stuff out there.

Valpo calls timeout to dial up a play that result in them not getting a shot off on the last play of the game.

Oklahoma State intentionally fouls Oregon and sends them to the line just before halftime for no apparent reason.

Yikes.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I can't decide whether I want to tongue punch Jan from Toyota's box or just punch her.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tracy Wolfson is holding up very well for a mother of two. I'm partial to her black leather jacket and boots combo, but she still looks good even in the combo she's got going today.

Iowa is playing well today, which means that they'll stink up the joint in their next game.

Travis Ford has got to be on the hot seat at Oklahoma State ... not that OSU is a hoops hotbed ... but wow, really an undisciplined mess there and that's been the case all season.

• Options
    I am a huge Allie LaForce fan.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Watching Coastal Carolina and wondering why they all look so strange/different on the floor.

Then, I realized that none of them are wearing any of the leg paraphernalia (tights, pads, sleeves) that have become all the rage these days.

In other words, they look like everyone else looked before everyone decided to play basketball fully clothed.

• Options
    Founders Club
    When I watch Gonzaga, whenever the game is close, I never get the feeling that they have a clear understanding of which players they want on the floor. It's like a constant search for them to figure out what their rotation is going to be during crunch time.

I also like Buzz Williams in the studio and the side eye that he gives the rest of those clowns (Seth Davis in particular) every time they come up with a stupid comment or question for him.

• Options
    Never confuse Mark Few with someone smart.
  • Options
    Dafuq is wrong with these refs? A T for yelling at his team during a timeout on the Providence coach? That was hideous.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I always liked Buzz Williams. He's a perfect guy to point to when doogs say "who would we get that's better?" Admittedly, I'm not sure how much of a dumpster fire va tech was, but he had a really good thing going at marquette. They were top 25 pretty much every year. Then he leaves for va tech unexpectedly.

It's just like with chicks. You don't need every girl to say yes. All you need is one lonely/bored/insecure lady. And UW is actually a good catch, which doogs seem to think we're on the level with Utah State.