Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

To all of the western WA Romar bashers:

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
It may come as a surprise but the earth revolves around the sun and not Seattle. UW is a great school and my degree has served me well but Seattle is a small market and UW will ebb and flow with the Seattle High School talent. We are lucky Romar didn't leave for UCLA and is willing to coach and recruit for UW. He does a great job with the limitations of Seattle. Even when I was there and UW won conference titles the leaders were German and the supporting cast was from Seattle. By the way no one went to the games, my student basketball ticket was free with my football ticket. The new coach after Harshman retired came to fraternities and dorms and begged the students to go to games.

Seattle does not support UW basketball and there can only be so many great players per year.

We are lucky to have Romar and it's a shame we can't get the great Seattle players to play longer before going to the NBA.

BTW if you live west of the Cascades we E WA people consider that Seatlle so don't split hairs; Port Angeles-Seattle; Gig Harbor-Seattle; Edmunds-Seattle it's all the same to us.

We are lucky to have Romar.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/patience-getting-thin-for-uw-mens-coach-lorenzo-romar/

(fuck our fanbase)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Profile in courage
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2015
    Gladstone said:

It may come as a surprise but the earth revolves around the sun and not Seattle. UW is a great school and my degree has served me well but Seattle is a small market and UW will ebb and flow with the Seattle High School talent. We are lucky Romar didn't leave for UCLA and is willing to coach and recruit for UW. He does a great job with the limitations of Seattle. Even when I was there and UW won conference titles the leaders were German and the supporting cast was from Seattle. By the way no one went to the games, my student basketball ticket was free with my football ticket. The new coach after Harshman retired came to fraternities and dorms and begged the students to go to games.

Seattle does not support UW basketball and there can only be so many great players per year.

We are lucky to have Romar and it's a shame we can't get the great Seattle players to play longer before going to the NBA.

BTW if you live west of the Cascades we E WA people consider that Seatlle so don't split hairs; Port Angeles-Seattle; Gig Harbor-Seattle; Edmunds-Seattle it's all the same to us.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/patience-getting-thin-for-uw-mens-coach-lorenzo-romar/

(fuck our fanbase)

Paul Fortier, Clay Damon and Shag Williams say "Dafuq?"

And learn the difference between Germans and Icelanders.

*Flosi Sigurdsson forevah.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

(fuck our fanbase)

His take on geography explains everything.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sure glad Madison Wisconsin is the hotbed of all basketball talent. Seems like it's caused them a whole lot of problem Competing. Gonzaga doesn't seem to have gone down in the same years as romar?????? So I guess eastern Washington you don't have to rely on western wa high school to compete. Few has certainly been crying while accumulating talent.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sure glad Madison Wisconsin is the hotbed of all basketball talent. Seems like it's caused them a whole lot of problem Competing. Gonzaga doesn't seem to have gone down in the same years as romar?????? So I guess eastern Washington you don't have to rely on western wa high school to compete. Few has certainly been crying while accumulating talent.

Kim challenged the Romar haters to find one team that doesn't struggle recruiting big men. Within 5 microseconds, someone mentioned that Gonzaga doesn't seem to have any problems bringing in solid post players.

Kim's response was that Gonzaga doesn't count because their coaches work with shady overseas agents who send all the top players Gonzaga's way. Romar would never stoop to that level because he's a man of integrity, of course.

Again: EVERYONE IS CHEATING EXCEPT ROMAR
    I like to say Few is a cheater when the only time a UW or Gonzaga coach got in trouble was when Cameron Dollar (who Fleenor now wants to service with his mouth)'cheated to try to get some dipshit before Romar ever coached a game.
  • Options
    Lots of legit reasons to bash Few ... for calling out Romar/Dollar for shady recruiting and ruining the Romar image of being above that ... not so much
  • Options

Kim challenged the Romar haters to find one team that doesn't struggle recruiting big men. Within 5 microseconds, someone mentioned that Gonzaga doesn't seem to have any problems bringing in solid post players.

Kim's response was that Gonzaga doesn't count because their coaches work with shady overseas agents who send all the top players Gonzaga's way. Romar would never stoop to that level because he's a man of integrity, of course.

Again: EVERYONE IS CHEATING EXCEPT ROMAR
    It must be nice to pull out the card romar doesn't cheat for everything. Everyone knows there are shadier parts of ncaa, but to act like everyone is cheating OTHER than romar is complete utter garbage. It's embarrassing that people take this as an excuse. When he used to get recruits it was fine, now that he isn't and making bad decisions it's because he doesn't pay? So was he paying 5 years ago??????

So in football, we don't cheat right? But a lot of big name players have come here from other states. Apparently that argument is "totally" different than basketball, and it doesn't fit the romar doesn't pay players mantra.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    But how is Pool Boy a bad AD?

In 2010, Woodward gave Romar a 10-year extension and $400,000 annual raise. Would he part ways with the well-liked Washington men’s basketball coach who receives $1.7 million each season? It would take the Huskies $3.5 million to buy out the remaining five years on Romar’s contract, which expires after the 2019-20 season.
  • Options
    I believe both Eastern Washington and Seattle U have opportunities tonight to play their way into the NCAA Tournament tonight to join Gonzaga.

I'm pulling for both to win their games tonight (albeit both are underdogs) just as another way to prove that Romar really is that bad of a coach.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I believe both Eastern Washington and Seattle U have opportunities tonight to play their way into the NCAA Tournament tonight to join Gonzaga.

I'm pulling for both to win their games tonight (albeit both are underdogs) just as another way to prove that Romar really is that bad of a coach.

Already had that thread today:
    http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/18885/official-seawolves-v-great-danes-thread#latest
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Already had that thread today:
    http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/18885/official-seawolves-v-great-danes-thread#latest
    Disagree ...

You were proving that Romar's not good enough to play in the American East Conference title game ...

I'm proving that Romar's not good enough to find a way into the tournament while 3 schools in the State of Washington from lower conferences have no problem winning their leagues.

You're better than that.
  • Options

In 2010, Woodward gave Romar a 10-year extension and $400,000 annual raise. Would he part ways with the well-liked Washington men’s basketball coach who receives $1.7 million each season? It would take the Huskies $3.5 million to buy out the remaining five years on Romar’s contract, which expires after the 2019-20 season.

I hate romar as the coach today, but at that point he was a coach who had an idea and ran with it. Sadly he went sideways as soon as he got his cash. I don't rip pool boy for the extension as much as having no balls to admit he was wrong 5 years ago
  • Options

I hate romar as the coach today, but at that point he was a coach who had an idea and ran with it. Sadly he went sideways as soon as he got his cash. I don't rip pool boy for the extension as much as having no balls to admit he was wrong 5 years ago
    The 10 year extension encouraged him to go sideways.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    According to Butler Cabin, if we give him another 10 year deal that will straighten him right back out.

Sorta' like an expensive alignment at Les Schwab.
  • Options
    Unfortunately Seattle U couldn't get the job done tonight but let's be honest they suck and play in a conference with one semi-legit team and the rest of the conference being some of the worst teams in all of D1.

2 in-state squads getting into the dance still illustrates the point that regardless of what excuse you want to come up with regarding Romar, there's plenty of explanations that go against that excuse.